NOKIA Glance suddenly changed!

sevoman

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I had my NL 925 for a week and was using the Glance feature where it would show me the clock on the sleep screen and then when I would get a message it would also show message icons underneath the clock on the sleep screen. As of a few days ago, that feature is now gone. I go into settings and into glance and the option for showing message indicators on the glance screen is also gone. Another change that I noticed was in the apps menu, now the alphabetical organization of the apps are preceded by a huge single letter for each group. I never noticed any notices for an upgrade and I am wondering why these features suddenly changed. can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance!

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I never had indicators on glance screen. On the letters in your apps list, that means It's more than 45 apps already so if you're going to pick an app, it'll be easier than scrolling thru the whole list

sent from within the depths of my brain

sevoman

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I never had indicators on glance screen. On the letters in your apps list, that means It's more than 45 apps already so if you're going to pick an app, it'll be easier than scrolling thru the whole list

sent from within the depths of my brain

OK. So if I have less than 45 apps then the letters will no longer show? Strange that the message indicator option for the glance screen suddenly disappeared.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you delete apps to make them go less than 45, the letters will still be there. It's more of once they appear, they stay seen. A reset would get them to disappear.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
no there has never been massege or notifications alert on glance screen, that is supposed to come with GDR3 next update that we will get before years end

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought they had changed it so that once you dropped below the threshold number of apps those letter headings would disappear again.

This has nevered changed.

if you click on the ? icon, they go away while you are in that screen. I use the letters to navigate and it makes it really helpful. Click on the letter and then you can navigate much easier.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3