Cannot see email (gmail & yahoo) properly - simple text, no HTML on Lumia 925.

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I cannot see my emails as anything other than simple text - cannot click on anything, no Hyperlinks whatsoever. I could see the same emails that I've forwarded to a friend's HTC which by the way ran WP7...
Any idea how to fix this?
I can't find anything relevant to mess around with in any kind settings.

unshul

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
hi i am having the same problem on my lumia 720..i cant read mails with html content, images etc. i can read them only when I open the desktop version of gmail in the browser (IE, UC browser) instead of mobile version..Also I cant see the mails properly on gmail app as well. What is the solution to this problem ? I tried changing high contrast settings but doesnt work

Woolux

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Just to add some information to this - as well as an issue with the phone settings, this issue could also depend on the mail server you use. Here is what we found ...

If you set up an email account to a non-Microsoft server as "Outlook (Outlook.com, Exchange, Office 365)" all HTML emails appear as plain text.

If you set up an account using "Other Account" and use IMAP, all HTML emails display correctly.

This might suggest that the "Outlook" implementation on Windows Phones is specifically developed for 'Microsoft' servers.

Can we therefore assume that this will affect all Windows Phone Users that wish to use ActiveSync on non-Microsoft servers or non-supported platforms such as Exchange 2003.

J.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa