OK Android wouldnt open XL file so bought 925

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I have been tempted to buy the L925 and after my Android phone would not open a XLS file, I went and bought the 925. I also have a Surface Pro2 on order. Let the fun begin!

planoman

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
lol! you could have picked up Documents to Go for free from Amazon apps store a few weeks ago but you just wanted that camera! Can't say I blame you!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
lol! you could have picked up Documents to Go for free from Amazon apps store a few weeks ago but you just wanted that camera! Can't say I blame you!

Ha ha yes this must be only an excuse! I have Documents to Go and also Microsoft's Office app on my Nexus 4 (I have an Office 365 account), and the Office experience is better on my Android than it is on WP. The camera must be the reason! :winktongue: But hey, it's a good enough excuse isn't it?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Ha ha yes this must be only an excuse! I have Documents to Go and also Microsoft's Office app on my Nexus 4 (I have an Office 365 account), and the Office experience is better on my Android than it is on WP. The camera must be the reason! :winktongue: But hey, it's a good enough excuse isn't it?

hows the office experience better on your android device?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
hows the office experience better on your android device?

Using Microsoft's Office app is similar to WP, but the 3rd party Android apps are better than either. More editing options are available, and the file can be shared or saved pretty much anywhere or any way. For example, with Android's Documents to Go I can edit an .xls document. I can share an Office file via Box, Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, bluetooth, or email, or I can print it. I can also save it local, anywhere on the device I wish. Some of these extra features are actually more the difference between Android and WP as a whole, not limited to Office. But either way, it adds to the Office experience.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Something that frustrates me is that a password protected excel doc can't open on windows phone but can open on android and IOS.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Something that frustrates me is that a password protected excel doc can't open on windows phone but can open on android and IOS.

Is that with Microsoft's Office app on Android & iOS, or 3rd party apps? I haven't tried any password protected documents yet. I actually don't use Office much on my phones, so there are probably more differences that I don't know. The differences I mentioned are ones I've run across so far.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Actually Polaris didnt work neither did Quick Office Pro so I got Pissed and went and bought the 925. I got it passed by the wife so life is good. Plus I just pre-ordered a new Surface Pro 2 to go with it.

Last edited:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Actually Polaris didnt work neither did Quick Office Pro so I got Pissed and went and bought the 925. I got it passed by the wife so life is good. Plus I just pre-ordered a new Surface Pro 2 to go with it.

Your experience is not unique. The third party apps for android are fine for simple stuff, but I always found they struggled with any sort of complicated document. At least with Word files, I also did not appreciate the fact that the third party apps always left me with a document that was no longer formatted as it was in Office on my laptop. There were, without exception, always formatting issues and with complicated documents, outright crashes either in Android or when back in Office. Those have never been issues with Office for WP or obviously Office on a Surface tablet. When people chime in on a WP forum with how wonderful Android third party apps are, and they have huge numbers of global posts but only a handful here, I would take statements with more than a grain of salt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3