Nokia Lumia 925.2 at Negri Electronics

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I'm still running my old HTC HD7 and thinking about buying the 925. I noticed postings at Negri Electronics about a Nokia Lumia 925.2 (Unlocked) (Black) that I had not seen before.

Does anyone know what the .2 designation means, and most importantly for me if it would run on all of T-Mobile's bands here in the US??? From my research it looks as if it would, but I want to make sure and I am wondering if anyone already knows what's happening with the .2 designation.

My concern is that I will not live in a LTE area and I want to make sure the phone would work as a 3g phone and not fall back to 2g edge speeds.

thanks!!!!

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
P.S. it's also about fifty to seventy dollars cheaper than T-Mobile's version and looks like it doesn't have their branding!

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a brand-free unlocked version for North America. (LTE bands, typically the non-carrier versions are the international versions that don't fully function in North America)

From what i can tell it should have all the bands for t-mobile LTE AND 3G.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
How weird! I was just on Negri's website earlier and didn't even notice that with the .2 at the end of the 925. Hmm, it certainly does seem to have the right bands to be completely compatible with T-Mobile US! It's a shame it's not in white and with 32GB of storage.

Had to edit this because I just saw that they do have white AND grey as well. Very interesting...

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
How weird! I was just on Negri's website earlier and didn't even notice that with the .2 at the end of the 925. Hmm, it certainly does seem to have the right bands to be completely compatible with T-Mobile US! It's a shame it's not in white and with 32GB of storage.

Had to edit this because I just saw that they do have white AND grey as well. Very interesting...

Yup, I find that pretty interesting too. I like that they have all three colors and not just the white. Personally I think I would go with the black, maybe the grey. Now if they had a 32gb version I WOULD BE ESTATIC!!!!

I like the fact that there's no T-Mobile branding. I still haven't got a job yet, otherwise I'd be all over one of those......

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I find that pretty interesting too. I like that they have all three colors and not just the white. Personally I think I would go with the black, maybe the grey. Now if they had a 32gb version I WOULD BE ESTATIC!!!!

I like the fact that there's no T-Mobile branding. I still haven't got a job yet, otherwise I'd be all over one of those......

I have a feeling the grey one would really, really make you stand out because how many people here in the States would have it? T-Mobile has the white, AT&T has the black, but no one carries the grey! :excited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
From the specifications it looks like this the T-Mobile version minus the branding (clean firmware) which should support LTE/HSPA+ on AWS. Now I need to get my hands on the firmware to flash it on my T-Mobile 925 :winktongue:

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
From the specifications it looks like this the T-Mobile version minus the branding (clean firmware) which should support LTE/HSPA+ on AWS. Now I need to get my hands on the firmware to flash it on my T-Mobile 925 :winktongue:

I'm sorry but either you know something about the tech that I don't or this is about having a clean OS. Isn't your T-Mobile version capable of everything that this 925.2 version is? If not what can't your T-Mobile version do that this one can? Or is this simply about having a clean version of the OS without any potential T-Mobile branding or crapware??

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but either you know something about the tech that I don't or this is about having a clean OS. Isn't your T-Mobile version capable of everything that this 925.2 version is? If not what can't your T-Mobile version do that this one can? Or is this simply about having a clean version of the OS without any potential T-Mobile branding or crapware??

Clean OS + direct updates from Nokia without T-Mobile approval wait times

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I see with this 925.2 is that it probably wouldn't support T-Mobile's Wi-Fi calling feature.

Good point. I had forgotten about that feature and I have a feeling that you are probably right. I can't say that I've looked into that feature in any depth. If I remember correctly it allows one to make calls without using minutes (which is pretty much irrelevant on T-Mobile) and two it might give you coverage inside places where you have access to the Wi-Fi where T-Mobile's coverage may not reach. I have found that T-Mobile's coverage inside some building sucks, but I am not so sure that it is very likely that I would have the ability to connect to a nearby Wi-Fi in that situation.

If my understanding is incorrect please correct me.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Francisco M. REPLIED: OCT 02, 2013 | 11:03AM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Negri Electronics. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to browse our site and take interest in our units at this time this unit is unlocked and intended to work on any GSM network supported worldwide. This unit will support 2G/3G/4G and LTE on T-Mobiles network. You should have no issues with this device working. This is a unbranded device. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. Thank you and have a nice day.

Please rate my reply.

Francisco Moreno - Your NegriCare Representative (in Training)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B23h WROTE: (ORIGINAL MESSAGE) OCT 02, 2013 | 06:52PM PDT

From url: Nokia Lumia 925.2 (Unlocked) (Black)
Coming from: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/243839-nokia-lumia-925-2-negri-electronics.html

Message: I note what might be a recent addition to your site, the Nokia Lumia 925.2 I am a T-Mobile customer in the US and to my eye it looks as if the 925.2 would be compatible with T-Mobile's 2G/3G and LTE. Is that true? I live in an area that does not yet have LTE and would want to make sure that the phone does T-Mobile 3G and would not fall back to 2G/EDGE speeds. Finally it looks as if it is unbranded, is that true?

thanks!!!!

Brian H

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
mmmm.... I see that Wi-Fi calling uses plan minutes. So I am a little lost as to why the feature might be so useful. I guess that it is likely that my Wi-Fi connection at home may be significantly faster than my local coverage. However for me at home my phone is pretty much just a phone and only needs to works as a phone. At home all my fast internet needs are handled on my computer or Xbox.

About Wi-Fi calling | T-Mobile Support

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
mmmm.... I see that Wi-Fi calling uses plan minutes. So I am a little lost as to why the feature might be so useful. I guess that it is likely that my Wi-Fi connection at home may be significantly faster than my local coverage. However for me at home my phone is pretty much just a phone and only needs to works as a phone. At home all my fast internet needs are handled on my computer or Xbox.

About Wi-Fi calling | T-Mobile Support

Wi-Fi calling may be your only option if you are in an area where you have no cellular service. I could have used that a few time during the summer. The bowling alley where I was in a league on Tuesday nights always leaves me with zero service, so if someone needed to call me, I wouldn't get any calls or voicemails (texts of course, too) until I stepped out of the building. I was able to connect to their Wi-Fi, though, so if I had Wi-Fi calling, the person could get through to me and I could make calls as well.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It's obvious the international pentaband version of the 925. Nokia is pushing the 925 in Europe real hard. I was just in France and I saw 925 ads on every French TV channel I watched.

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling the grey one would really, really make you stand out because how many people here in the States would have it? T-Mobile has the white, AT&T has the black, but no one carries the grey! :excited:

I bought the Unbranded 925 Grey & after a while it seems dull. I'm missing my yellow NL920 which my wife now has. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99