Nokia Lumia 925.2 at Negri Electronics

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
well, i tried the firmware

no good.

t-mobile only shows up as 2g/3g in network selection, and i'm only getting h+. and yes, i remembered to set highest data speed to 4g ;)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

no good.

t-mobile only shows up as 2g/3g in network selection, and i'm only getting h+. and yes, i remembered to set highest data speed to 4g ;)

Which 925 is that firmware from? The 925.2 or the one deemed as T-Mobile that I was told was the German one?

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
925.2 firmware :(

I've not done any real flashing of different forms of the OS, only a cab update of 7.8 for my HTC HD7. So if you would please tell me what you think the ramifications are of what you've done and in simple terms what that means. To my understanding you wanted the model number so that you could verify that you had the right version of the OS and flash it to what I assume is your US T-Mobile version of the 925, yes? Given you could not get 4G with that version, why do you think that's true? Do you think that v2 has a different 4g radio or something like that??

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've not done any real flashing of different forms of the OS, only a cab update of 7.8 for my HTC HD7. So if you would please tell me what you think the ramifications are of what you've done and in simple terms what that means. To my understanding you wanted the model number so that you could verify that you had the right version of the OS and flash it to what I assume is your US T-Mobile version of the 925, yes? Given you could not get 4G with that version, why do you think that's true? Do you think that v2 has a different 4g radio or something like that??

I wanted the product code so i could pull the firmware directly from nokia via care suite

059T883 gives us RM-893 VAR LTA MV WHITE

if the information originally posted is correct in that this device has both 1700 and 2100 for LTE, flashing t-mobile US devices with this software should have worked fine.

I honestly have no theory as to why it can't connect to 4g on tmobile other than the initial information being inaccurate.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I wanted the product code so i could pull the firmware directly from nokia via care suite

059T883 gives us RM-893 VAR LTA MV WHITE

if the information originally posted is correct in that this device has both 1700 and 2100 for LTE, flashing t-mobile US devices with this software should have worked fine.

I honestly have no theory as to why it can't connect to 4g on tmobile other than the initial information being inaccurate.

Yes, you did what I thought you did. But I'd like for you to make really explicit what you mean by "the initial information being inaccurate." Are you thinking that the v2 would not work on T-Mobile here in the states, is that the "initial information" you are talking about??

If so we need to find out if anyone has already bought v2 for use on T-Mobile here in the states and if it has worked for them or not.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you did what I thought you did. But I'd like for you to make really explicit what you mean by "the initial information being inaccurate." Are you thinking that the v2 would not work on T-Mobile here in the states, is that the "initial information" you are talking about??

If so we need to find out if anyone has already bought v2 for use on T-Mobile here in the states and if it has worked for them or not.

Yes, that is the initial info I'm referring to, but I don't want to make any definitive statements until someone else can corroborate my findings.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that is the initial info I'm referring to, but I don't want to make any definitive statements until someone else can corroborate my findings.

So then we need to know if anyone has bought v2 for use with T-Mobile here in the US and if it has worked for them? Any suggestions other than just posting the question??

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

no good.

Maybe a silly question ... When you installed the 059T883 on your L925, did you check the APN settings? Would a wrong APN setting be preventing your phone from getting LTE? I'm on ATT and i know that "wap.cingular" APN is blocking LTE ... Could you follow up on this?

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a silly question ... When you installed the 059T883 on your L925, did you check the APN settings? Would a wrong APN setting be preventing your phone from getting LTE? I'm on ATT and i know that "wap.cingular" APN is blocking LTE ... Could you follow up on this?

i'm not sure if it would affect anything since "TMOBILE LTE" showed up under my APN settings menu, but to answer your question, yes i manually inputted fast.t-mobile.com just to test :(

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
if anyone with a t-mobile US 925 has extra time over the weekend to reorganize their home screen tiles, please try the firmware so we can have a definitive answer. two tests are better than one ;)

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
if anyone with a t-mobile US 925 has extra time over the weekend to reorganize their home screen tiles, please try the firmware so we can have a definitive answer. two tests are better than one ;)

tofu, have you installed the updated firmware from T-Mobile that just came out. I have a feeling you did your test just before the firmware was released. Yes, it would be good if someone else also tested v2's software with a US T-Mobile 925 (but it would be best if they tested it with the new firmware).

I have nothing other than intuition to confirm, but I think at the end of the day somebody is going to buy the v2 and find that it does work on USA's T-Mobile 4g network. Perhaps the T-Mobile version lacks the right firmware to be used with v2's software??

While we are on my wish list, I am hoping that at one point someone with the v2 tries to flash T-Mobile's USA OS onto it so we can see how that works, and if Wireless Calling is enabled as well.

Finally to end in fantasy land, I hope they come out with a 32gb variant of v2!! That would make me very happy, and I would be curious as to what the price spread would be.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
i'm not sure if it would affect anything since "TMOBILE LTE" showed up under my APN settings menu, but to answer your question, yes i manually inputted fast.t-mobile.com just to test :(
Tofu, could you tell me how did you manage to flash different firmware on your L925, please? One of my colleagues has ATT L925 and he wants to flash some rom on it to get data sense. We have tried with different versions of Nokia Care Suite and can't flash any rom on it. We even tried to flash the T-Mobiles USA on it, but we are getting error that says that product code is not compatible.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You know what guys, I may have made a huge mistake.

The stock T-Mobile firmware no longer shows LTE from my location. I only get 4g here, which is basically what T-Mobile calls H+
Odds are my LTE signal over here crapped out during the time I was testing the negri firmware, and my results are inaccurate!

I'll do more testing during the week when I am in Manhattan where I usually get a strong LTE signal.

I apologize for the confusion, but at least there is still hope.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
This is the error message i'm getting on my ATT L1020 when i try to flash Rogers CA rom:

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

My colleague on his ATT L925 is getting the same error when he tries to flash a different rom on it. Is it possible that only the ATT's Lumias are crippled?

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll post some instructions when I get to the PC. A bit hard writing it on the phone ;)

But he should be able to flash any firmware without a problem

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Tofu, could you tell me how did you manage to flash different firmware on your L925, please? One of my colleagues has ATT L925 and he wants to flash some rom on it to get data sense. We have tried with different versions of Nokia Care Suite and can't flash any rom on it. We even tried to flash the T-Mobiles USA on it, but we are getting error that says that product code is not compatible.

I assume you've managed to download the firmware you want to use.

The first step is to never at any point connect your phone via usb. In the top left drop down menu, it should show "no connection".

What you want to do is open the proper product for that firmware (file > open product)

In the lower left corner click programming > recovery

Click "update list" in the main window and it should display the firmware you've chosen

Click start (still keep your phone disconnected from the computer)

It should then pop up with a screen instructing you how to connect your phone (it will tell you to hold down the volume and power button and wait for a vibrate). Do as it says and you should be good to go.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I assume you've managed to download the firmware you want to use.
The first step is to never at any point connect your phone via usb. In the top left drop down menu, it should show "no connection".
What you want to do is open the proper product for that firmware (file > open product)
In the lower left corner click programming > recovery
Click "update list" in the main window and it should display the firmware you've chosen
Click start (still keep your phone disconnected from the computer)
It should then pop up with a screen instructing you how to connect your phone (it will tell you to hold down the volume and power button and wait for a vibrate). Do as it says and you should be good to go.
Thanks for the instructions. We have followed your instructions and couldn't flash anything on his L925. We tried to flash on different win 7 PC that didn't have Nokia Care Suite installed just to be sure that the PC do not have any flags/settings that could block the flashing, and after we installed the Nokia Care Suite, we disconnected the PC from the internet before started the Nokia Care Suite for the first time. We thought that the NCS could be pulling blacklisted product codes from remote server and that is why the flashing is failing.

We used Navifirm+ to download multiple firmwares and NCS could see them (click "update list" worked - the product code appeared). After clicking start, new window showed up with instructions (VolDn + Power and wait for a vibrate), we did the instructions, even got a warning that we are about to start flashing rom with different product code, clicked "yes" on that and still ended up with the same error:

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

Tried flashing something on my L1020, got the same error. Man, these ATT folks are really pain in the rear. I've read that the European L1020 (RM-875) doesn't have this restriction and it seems that all other L925 doesn't have any flashing restrictions either. Just ATT Lumias are messed up it seems. I hope i'm wrong, but doesn't look like so far ...

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Try renaming the folder C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-89X (whichever firmware variant you downloaded) to:

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821

open the product as a lumia 920 (rm-821) and try flashing the 925 using that method.

it'll assume your phone is a 920, but still use the 925 firmware. There's another thread on this board documenting this method.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb