Nokia Lumia 925.2 at Negri Electronics

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Try renaming the folder C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-89X (whichever firmware variant you downloaded) to:
C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821
open the product as a lumia 920 (rm-821) and try flashing the 925 using that method.
it'll assume your phone is a 920, but still use the 925 firmware. There's another thread on this board documenting this method.
Thanks again. I've tried this renaming trick, but still coming up short. Same error with same error number

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
You know what guys, I may have made a huge mistake.

The stock T-Mobile firmware no longer shows LTE from my location. I only get 4g here, which is basically what T-Mobile calls H+
Odds are my LTE signal over here crapped out during the time I was testing the negri firmware, and my results are inaccurate!

I'll do more testing during the week when I am in Manhattan where I usually get a strong LTE signal.

I apologize for the confusion, but at least there is still hope.

If you do have time to run that test and the inclination to mess with your phone still, I certainly would be interested in what you find....

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I won't be the one to test the 925.2. I've ended up getting a fairly cheap HTC 8X for use on T-Mobile.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
So what's the consensus? Will this thing work at LTE speeds on T-Mobile's network? What did your test reveal, Tofu?

Good question! I think to sum up the consensus (and per the response from Negri) would be that the device is capable of LTE speeds on T-Mobile's network.

I am a bit disappointed that no one has reported buying the device for use on T-Mobile, that would have told us if it ended up getting GDR 3 even though the 925 on T-Mobile itself has not. I think that overall the consensus would be that the 925 v2 would be a superior phone to the one that T-Mobile is selling as it will likely get updates that T-Mobile drags their feet on (or may end up not supporting at all, we all know T-Mobile abandons Windows Phones devices left and right). The only downside to the version 2 device is that it would most likely not support wi-fi calling on the T-Mobile network without flashing it to a T-Mobile ROM (given that would work).

skjarl

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I can live with their return policy. I'm going to buy one in a moment. I'll stop by and let you folks know what I find out. Wish me luck.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I can live with their return policy. I'm going to buy one in a moment. I'll stop by and let you folks know what I find out. Wish me luck.

That would be great! I expect a number of us will be interested in your conclusions. I am sad that they never came out with a 32gb version of the 925.2, I expect that would have gotten a number of people off the fence.

skjarl

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
After an incredible debacle with Fedex, I received my phone a few minutes ago. Be aware that Negri will flag your shipment as requiring a signature from the residence. That means you can't pick it up from their shipping centers. It MUST be delivered and signed for at the address. I think you *can* sign the slip and have them leave it, but that's not a good idea in a lot of places unless you like giving away $400 phones.

Anyway, I ordered the black one and that's what they sent me. It looks slick. After popping my SIM in, the phone came up and was reporting "L" speed, which I assume is LTE. The speed backs up my assumption. It also has an option to lower that speed to whatever level you want. It is Nokia branded on the top of the face by the USB port.

I fully expected it to not work for T-Mobile at >2G speeds, but I am happy to report I was wrong. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
After an incredible debacle with Fedex, I received my phone a few minutes ago. Be aware that Negri will flag your shipment as requiring a signature from the residence. That means you can't pick it up from their shipping centers. It MUST be delivered and signed for at the address. I think you *can* sign the slip and have them leave it, but that's not a good idea in a lot of places unless you like giving away $400 phones.

Anyway, I ordered the black one and that's what they sent me. It looks slick. After popping my SIM in, the phone came up and was reporting "L" speed, which I assume is LTE. The speed backs up my assumption. It also has an option to lower that speed to whatever level you want. It is Nokia branded on the top of the face by the USB port.

I fully expected it to not work for T-Mobile at >2G speeds, but I am happy to report I was wrong. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Congratulations!!! I am happy it is working well on T-Mobile. Your aesthetic sense is similar to mine, I would have gotten the black as well. I am a tad surprised you purchased the phone if you thought it would not likely get over 2G speeds. I assume it boots up with a Windows Phone splash and likely a Nokia splash. I also assume that the only real downside to that phone as against the T-Mobile version is the lack of Wi-Fi calling.

For those that have experience flashing the OS (which I don't other than cab updates with WP 7) I guess the real question would be can one flash the T-Mobile version of the 925's OS onto 925.2 IF ONE WANTED Wi-Fi CALLING? I am not asking you to run that experiment, it's only a hypothetical.

Again, congratulations!!!! I hope you are satisfied with it. I've heard the metal trim on the black version is a tad darker than the white version's trim and is pretty attractive. Have fun and thanks for telling us. If after time you feel like giving us a final sum up, I'd be interested....

Oh, and I forgot about GDR 3. I think everyone would be interested to see when your device gets GDR 3 versus when T-Mobile releases it for their 925.

skjarl

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
The metal trim is indeed darker than the white version at the T-Mobile store. I am currently running 8.0.10328.78 with no updates available. I'll try to remember to drop by when it updates to let you folks know. I'm not really interested in messing with the firmware on the phone right now just to satisfy academic curiosity. No offense. :) The reason I took a chance was because Negri has a good return policy: 5% restocking fee and 7 days to make up your mind. I would have only been out $20-30 if the radio didn't do what I wanted it to. The risk was worth it.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
The metal trim is indeed darker than the white version at the T-Mobile store. I am currently running 8.0.10328.78 with no updates available. I'll try to remember to drop by when it updates to let you folks know. I'm not really interested in messing with the firmware on the phone right now just to satisfy academic curiosity. No offense. :) The reason I took a chance was because Negri has a good return policy: 5% restocking fee and 7 days to make up your mind. I would have only been out $20-30 if the radio didn't do what I wanted it to. The risk was worth it.

Thanks for the information. Yes, I am sure that we would be interested in when you get GDR 3 and no I really wasn't expecting you to experiment with your new phone. Congrats and thanks for the info!!! HAVE FUN WITH IT!

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I was in Mar Vista today and when I looked down at the the phone it was reading LTE speeds next to the signal bars. But after a while it was just showing the sig strength which were full bars at my local bar. I usually get one bar there so this phone does have better reception compared to the 810. 16 gigs is a serious joke for this phone no doubt, the MS phones will have SD cards and USB (A) Mass storage 3rd party support implemented within the OS. And hopefully with Intel CPU's and up to 120 gigs of internal storage with SD support, HDMI out and Batt pulls...:eek:rly:

Jdane07

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Ordered my Lumina 925.2 from Negri last week, and it will be delivered on Wednesday.
I got the black version, and will be running it on T-Mobile... I am pretty excited; it will be my first phone running WP.
I'm an Android guy at heart currently using my Nexus 5 (also have owned iOS and BB10 for short stints), but I'm looking forward to having the option to go between different operating systems.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Ordered my Lumina 925.2 from Negri last week, and it will be delivered on Wednesday.
I got the black version, and will be running it on T-Mobile... I am pretty excited; it will be my first phone running WP.
I'm an Android guy at heart currently using my Nexus 5 (also have owned iOS and BB10 for short stints), but I'm looking forward to having the option to go between different operating systems.

It's a good looking phone with some very nice qualities. I think you've joined the Windows Phone community at the right time. Your 925.2 will get GDR3 right after you set up Wi-Fi, then go to System/Phone update. I would in fact suggest doing the update right after juicing it up sufficiently and before going hog wild with downloading and personalization's. No doubt the 925.2 will get Windows Phone 8.1 which will be a very significant update midpoint this year. Have fun and welcome aboard.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
We never got confirmation that Black was part of the recent update that skjarl reported.

Perhaps Jdane07 will help. Jdane07, given you update after getting your phone, after updating go to Settings/about/more information then looking at OS version will tell us if you did in fact get GDR 3.

Windows Phone 8 update history | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

As far as Black, let's pretend that you're new and don't know. Black refers to Nokia's wonderful tendencies to crank out some really nice firmware updates for their Lumia phones. Amber was the firmware update that came out with GDR 2, and Black is expected with GDR 3. While it is likely that someone who knows the firmware number better than I do can tell just by looking at the firmware number under the OS version I was talking about earlier, however it is much easier to go to extras + info under settings and it will very explicitly tell you what firmware release you are running, Amber or Black.

(P.S. there's a fair chance that Nokia's Extras+Info is not automatically installed and may need to be downloaded from the store, perhaps someone else can confirm)

Some people are no doubt better at explaining things than I am, if you ever have questions just ask, any number of people will likely respond.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle