Considering 925. I have few questions to ask to users

hawonjung

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have been so bored and tired of both iOS and Android and looking for something fresh here and thinking about getting a L925 with T-Mobile in US.
Here are few questions that I have:

1. How is tethering works? Currently on my Nexus phone, I do not have to subscribe to tethering plan and it works fine. Will L925 have an option to do so without T-Mobile knowing?
2. How is Google Voice integration? I use Google Voice as my main phone number. It seems like there's a third party app that works well, but is it going to be seamless as Android?
3. Debranding/flash unlocked version rom: Is it easy to achieve and will I be able to get updates directly from Nokia rather than via T-Mobile?
4. Is there a way to print as PDF from Office365 mobile?
5. If I can get L920 for a great price, would you get L920 instead of L925? about $150 difference.
6. How is Google Hangout? I think I saw people mentioning use IM+ for that... I use Hangout quite a lot... Is there a way to have it as a web app?

That's it for now
Thanks

Last edited:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Can't answer all your questions, but I can try some. I have an unlocked Rogers 920, by the way, not the 925. But I'm also on T-Mobile.

1. I think tethering should work fine on the 925. Not sure about the requirement of a tethering plan, but when I almost bought a 925 in July, the CSR told me I WOULD be able to tether with it.
2. There's no Google to be found at the Windows Phone Store, although there are really good 3rd party apps for all things Google. I think Metro Talk is supposed to be a great one for Google Voice.
3. You CAN flash your 925 to an unbranded ROM. I personally haven't ever done that, but I know it's possible if you'd prefer doing that than waiting for T-Mobile's updates (although T-Mo has been pretty good about updating their WP8 phones as of late).
4. Not sure, but probably.
5. You can certainly get a 920 for cheaper than T-Mobile's 925 at this point. However, be careful if you go with a 920 since you need the right version. You also probably won't be able to tether if the APN settings you enter don't work and you end up having to rely on the Access Point app (which I use, but I don't care about tethering).
6. Never heard of Google Hangout, but see #2 as there may be 3rd party apps for it.

Hope that helps!

hawonjung

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your answers.

I also thought one more question as well. Any WP8 users with Mac? I doubt I will sync anything via cable but how do they work together?

mriveaa

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched from Android to WP8 and I got a TMO L925 love the experience.As far as tethering goes tmo gives 2.5GB every month at no extra cost.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have been so bored and tired of both iOS and Android and looking for something fresh here and thinking about getting a L925 with T-Mobile in US.
Here are few questions that I have:

5. If I can get L920 for a great price, would you get L920 instead of L925? about $150 difference.
6. How is Google Hangout? I think I saw people mentioning use IM+ for that... I use Hangout quite a lot... Is there a way to have it as a web app?

That's it for now
Thanks

5. 920 is great. no complaints there but as a personal opinion 925 just feels more "right". don't wanna bash either. love them both
6. the limitation i have with im+ and hangouts is that there isn't any group chat and i also don't think there's voip feature for it but messages are good. no issues for me.

hawonjung

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I picked up 521 at Best Buy for $85. I have not used a full day yet I love it so much. I think within a week or so I will end up getting 925. Should I wait till what Nokia will announce on 22ND?

By the way Windows Phone is buttery smooth even on this low end budget phone. I'm loving it

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss