925 on T-Mobile LTE

wpeightuser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
After 14 years on Sprint, moved over to T-Mobile's prepad plan and the 925. It seems my connection gets throttled. I can never maintain 20+ mbps download and barely break above 10 on the upload, even for bursts. I am in a relatively new 4G market, San Diego. I'm not disappointed by any means, it's infinitely better than Sprint's crappy 3G network. I was wondering what everyone else's 4G/LTE speeds were like on the speedtest app?

Couple issues with Windows Phone 8. Where is the audio/video scrubbing? Hopefully they include that in the 8.1 update...as well as a rotation lock.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a 925; I have a Rogers 920 and am also on T-Mobile. I've seen download speeds of as great as 33Mbps (I'm in the NYC area). Don't know how much data you're using, but I was told when I switched to a Simple Choice plan that I could use as much as 2.5GB per month without being throttled (I have the free 500MB of data on my plan).

wpeightuser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have 5GB of 4G data. I've used maybe 500 mb so far (half of that was speedtests)? Definitely haven't hit my cap yet. For T-Mobile, is HSDPA/HSDPA+ considered 4G or 3G?

All Windows Phone needs is quick app switching a la Palm WebOS. That feature alone would make it the best mobile UI out right now. Also enjoy how quick their app store is.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i think the browser is far too slow to render anything for you to notice any difference between h+ and LTE anyway. at least that has been my experience.

i've been disappointed with t-mobile's LTE. even in some parts of manhattan i get very slow loading web pages.

oh well.. $5.99 grandfathered unlimited data. get what you pay for ;) at least it's not sprint!

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a 925; I have a Rogers 920 and am also on T-Mobile. I've seen download speeds of as great as 33Mbps (I'm in the NYC area). Don't know how much data you're using, but I was told when I switched to a Simple Choice plan that I could use as much as 2.5GB per month without being throttled (I have the free 500MB of data on my plan).

I have the Simple Choice with the unlimited data add-on ($30.00 with 4.5 gb of hotspot) and there's no throttling on this plan. NYC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6