Has anybody managed to flash ATT's Lumia 925 with a different firmware

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to flash different product code ROM on my ATT L925. I'm still getting the same error as above (got to the exclamation point, punched the combination and still got the error 0xFA001304; i've tried several times). T-Mobile's USA L925 was always flash-able, never blocked in NCS, that is why you could flash 892 ROM on it. ATT's L925 is so far the one we can't flash with different product code ROM, for example, like this one "059S6H3 RM-893 VAR LTA AV BLACK". ATT's L925 was always allowed to get flashed without changing the product code (or staying within ATT's L925 product code family).

Is it something with AT&T's Lumias? I tried flashing my AT&T 520 (RM-915) with an RM-914 ROM using the hard reset instructions in this thread. It didn't work. That said, AT&T's 920s can be flashed with a different ROM version.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Is it something with AT&T's Lumias? I tried flashing my AT&T 520 (RM-915) with an RM-914 ROM using the hard reset instructions in this thread. It didn't work. That said, AT&T's 920s can be flashed with a different ROM version.
I do not know but i can hazard a guess that it is a ATT requirement on the newer Lumias. I assume that the L920 and L820 are flash-able, with one caveat being that (at least for the L920, not sure for L820) once you flash different product code ROM on L920 you cannot go back to the stock ATT firmware. I know a lot of folks flashed the French/Rogers ROM to get AMBER, and now cannot go back to stock ATT. It seems like L920 and L820 were designed with older hardware for the bootloader, now the newer Lumias have better hardware that can check what are you trying to flash on them. The funny thing is that only the ATT Lumias are limited like this (with exception of L920 and L820).

Last edited:

Kez0

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
You are trying using emergency mode, ncs does't work on emergency mode, try using the method that i explain above.

Sent from my RM-893_lta_lta_204 using Tapatalk

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
You are trying using emergency mode, ncs does't work on emergency mode, try using the method that i explain above.

Sent from my RM-893_lta_lta_204 using Tapatalk
What you are suggesting is exactly the same method that @tofu suggested several months ago. Didn't work then and it doesn't work now. I've tried several times now. Back then @tofu suggested to use older version of NCS that doesn't have a profile for L925 ( in this version of NCS that I use currently when I go to "Open Product" RM-893 is not there and I use RM-821) so I can use profile of a different Lumia and trick NCS that I'm flashing RM-821 and not RM-893. This doesn't work as well and was reported that works on European L925 and T-Mobile USA L925.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
black seems good, i was on dev preview gdr3 so not really anything new. i would say that it feels a bit snappier but maybe because of the refresh?

edit:

just noticed internet sharing now works! this is pretty sweet! Kinda a big deal that it works now.
My purpose of flashing different product code rom on ATT's L925 is to get tether to work, I've lost interest in data sense. You indicate that you were able to get tethering(internet sharing) to work on the latest ATT rom that you flashed via NCS. Could you tell us the steps? I've tried with the "Spanish keyboard" trick without success ...

Last edited:

BigFuzzyArchon

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
followed this tutorial here
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/231135-product-codes-lumia-925-a.html

This is my product code, to get AT&T branded firmware 059T0B7

I also did what this person mentioned to get the phone to flash the firmware using the volume and power buttons and pressing retry in NCS to flash
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...lumia-925-different-firmware.html#post2307499

My purpose of flashing different product code rom on ATT's L925 is to get tether to work, I've lost interest in data sense. You indicate that you were able to get tethering(internet sharing) to work on the latest ATT rom that you flashed via NCS. Could you tell us the steps? I've tried with the "Spanish keyboard" trick without success ...

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
followed this tutorial here
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/231135-product-codes-lumia-925-a.html

This is my product code, to get AT&T branded firmware 059T0B7

I also did what this person mentioned to get the phone to flash the firmware using the volume and power buttons and pressing retry in NCS to flash
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...lumia-925-different-firmware.html#post2307499
Thanks. How about tethering, does it work? Any special steps/tricks to enable tether?

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to flash RM-892 ROM (international version) on AT&T Lumia 925? Have any one flashed it
Nope, negative, it is not possible to flash anything on AT&T Lumia 925. You can only flash ATT ROM on ATT Lumia 925.

If you are interested in flashing then buy the T-Mobile's USA Lumia 925. It is not locked up like the ATT Lumia 925, some folks have reported that have managed to flash RM-892 ROM's on T-Mobile's USA Lumia 925 and kept LTE, which i highly doubt that it is possible to keep LTE since the radio hardware is different. The ones that have reported that they have kept LTE after flashing RM-892 didn't verify with the field test (##3282#), just by doing internet speeds tests. Internet speed test won't tell on which physical band you are connected to ...

I've recently changed my plan to shared plan and got tether with it, so i no longer have a need to flash different ROM to enable free tether. Now that i understand the "data sense" much better, i do not need that feature either ... So, no longer pursuing this flash ... It would be good if by some reason ATT takes L925 off the update list for updates after 8.1 ...

Lal Mohan V

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I dont need Datasense either. All i want is selection of bands or selection in maximum connection speed. So that i can manually select between 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE. which is available on international ROMs. AT&T has removed that to promote their LTE usage Plans. Is there any way to enable this?

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I dont need Datasense either. All i want is selection of bands or selection in maximum connection speed. So that i can manually select between 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE. which is available on international ROMs. AT&T has removed that to promote their LTE usage Plans. Is there any way to enable this?
Yes there is a way. It is in the "field test" menu. Thanks god ATT decided to bring back the "field test" menu. I remember in Lumia 920 days the "field test" was initially there, but after update ATT removed it, then lot of people got upset and they returned it back. I really do not understand ATT why they strip this toggle "2G/3G/4G" off of all their phones? Stupid ...
Anyway, here is the link: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/203675-turn-off-4g-lte-t-lumia-920-a.html , follow the instructions ...

P.S. Be mindful that if you do "Toggle ENS" and if ATT for some reason on the next update decides to remove the "field test" again, your radio may get stuck into the last mode that was in and you cannot fix it until they bring back the "field test" menu again. It happened to some folks that have put the radio in 3G mode to avoid constant switching from LTE to 3G, and then the update messed them up and they could no longer put the radio into LTE. Of course, the next update that brought back the "field test" fixed everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss