Lumia 925 with Mic problems - WP8 software issue

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925 and I am having problems with the Mic, although I think it is a software issue. No sounds can be heard at all by the person I'm calling when I make a call on speakerphone, or if use headphones without a Mic (this was always possible before simply by speaking into the mic on the phone if I was using a pair of headphones without a mic). I don't seem to have an issue when using my Nokia Coloud Pop headset though.

I tried a soft reset. It did not solve the issue.

I tried a factory reset on advice of Nokia Care, but had spinning cogs for 1hour before I got fed up and downloaded the "software updater for retail" to bring the phone back to life. Still this did not resolve the issue.

Has anyone else found a fix or had the same issue?

Many thanks,

Nate

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
P.S The phone works without a problem if I just use the phone normally, holding the phone to my ear, or with Nokia Coloud headset

clavecinist

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue with my 920 and GDR3. When I go to record video there is little to no sound, but the phone and other apps seem to work fine.

mrstarware

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I also appear to be having mic problems. I can make a call just fine, but I tried using the assist and it doesn't pick up my voice.
I then tried using my headphones and then it works. It may also be that my video recorder no longer picks up sound either. (that's a problem!)
Has anyone found a solution?

heelo

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Having this problem as well. Seemed to have popped up spontaneously. I guess I'll try to get it exchanged at T-Mo if there's nothing we can do.

Armin Mhd

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah ive changed my lumia 925 3times the first time i had this problem, call your carrier and ask for a replacement phone. The second time my headphones jack entry didnt work properly and the phone disconnected the music after 10secs like when the cord gets disconnected. I changed that too and now im not having problems till now! I hope i wont have anymore problems with the lumia925

pcuadros

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Very urgent

please try to solve this problem, the micro no work, only work in phone calls but not with assistant and video calls and recording applications.

Sure is software problem.
If not, dont work in phone calls, right???

Thanks

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
ok thanks for the link! I'll try to get some information directly from Nokia and would post the answer here (if I get any).

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
ok my Nokia man says:
-never heard of this problem
-please send the device in, we will replace it
-we'll have a look at it

hm. ok

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Would you mind providing the phone number and other contact information for sending the phones in? Thx

I guess this would not be any help for you as I live in Switzerland ;-)

Check with the store where you've bought the Lumia, or check nokia.com and then the country where you live in

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Here is the website to submit your device for repair Warranty status - Nokia - USA . Simply put in your IMEI and then if it is in warranty then it will provide a "Submit your device for repair" button and then fill out subsequent forms and they will send you an email with the shipping label.

Kevin Norman1

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
This describes the problem I have with my Lumia 925 exactly, I have only had te the phone for 2 weeks before the problem occurred. Hope its not going to be a on going thing!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo