925 sometimes doesn't charge fully

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925 on ATT and since I've had it I've noticed that sometimes after charging overnight or for long periods of time it will read that it's only charged about 83%. If I reboot the device when it starts back up it will go back to read 100%. Has anyone else seen this problem with their Lumia and, if so, does anyone have any solutions?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Happens to me with my 920 every now and then, but not very often. Like you said, a simple reboot will show the indicator back at 100%. Are you using a Wireless Charger?

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I am running GDR3, but this issue happened way before I installed the update. I am not using a wireless charger. It doesn't happen every single time. Maybe once or twice a week.

marc ferrer

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Man i have the same problem...... Every once a week after charging to 100% ill take off the charger and would read around 90%. Only way to fix it is rebooting.... I've searched the net and nobody has a solution for it.

SCXR

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I've only noticed it when I charge it with the phone turned off. When I charge it with the phone turned on, no issues.

booyasaka

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Just happened to me this morning. Left it charging over night, woke up and its only showing 76% charged. After reboot, went to full 100%.
Also running GDR3. Wonder if its hardware or software issue

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
For the guys who are experiencing this issue, can you verify if you are using the Nokia wall charger that came with the device or a different charger?

booyasaka

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
For the guys who are experiencing this issue, can you verify if you are using the Nokia wall charger that came with the device or a different charger?
yes I'm using the Nokia wall charger that came with my 925. I think I will try to charge it with my 810 charger and see if it will make a difference

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

It happens with the Wireless Charger too, as well as different models of phone like the 920. I think it's just a software bug, as a simple reboot of the phone will always fix it.

booyasaka

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok just tries charging it with my 810 charger over night and same result. Rebooted and fixed it. I think it may be a software bug. Anyone have a permanent solution?

1/5/13 update: battery meter issue has not happened since the update for GDR3

Last edited:

HyperionR

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here guys.

I took off the charger at 100% and when i check my phone 50' later it was at 75%! I did a soft reset and gone back to 100%.
This is bad.

Adam Berta

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
It happened to me today. I restarted the phone thought that an app broke it, then battery drained too fast, 10%/hour than had to hard reset the phone. Now it's workin correct.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
For anybody wondering, this bug still occurs even if you have GDR3 (Update 3). It still happens from time to time on my 920, which is running Update 3. My mums 820 also has this bug occur now and then, so it's definitely a software or firmware issue, not hardware. It will be interesting to see if the upcoming Black firmware update resolves this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss