Lumia System updater

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

After reading some comments on windows phone store, I went ahead and installed Lumia System updater. I ran the app and saw some updates available. The one and the only app that I updated was Display+touch. Before updating Display+touch was a single app, or a single option. But after updating they split into 3, display, touch and glance. Did I do something wrong here? Will it void my warranty? Howp can I brnig back my old display+touch option? I very much worried. Any help will be highly appreciated. My phone is Lumia 925.

Kindly reply soon. Thanking you all in advance for your time and replies.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a 925, I have a 920 and it's split up into those 3 on mine. It doesn't void your warranty, the updates are perfectly legit and downloaded from the official store and they are the official Nokia apps :)

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all experts who replied to my query. I was very much worried after the update. I can sleep tight now. I don't know when GDR3 will be coming to my phone. I am in Finland with a DNA sim. Is there any way one can store documents offline? Say I created a new word document using office available in the phone. Can I save it locally or is skydrive the only option?

One more question:
Is there any scanning app available that can scan and save the scanned documents locally or offline?

Thanking you all in advance for your time and replies.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all experts who replied to my query. I was very much worried after the update. I can sleep tight now. I don't know when GDR3 will be coming to my phone. I am in Finland with a DNA sim. Is there any way one can store documents offline? Say I created a new word document using office available in the phone. Can I save it locally or is skydrive the only option?

One more question:
Is there any scanning app available that can scan and save the scanned documents locally or offline?

yes you can, when you are saving the document, there is an option to choose between skydrive and phone (saves it on your phone memory).

yes there are apps to scan a document and save it to cloud storage or phone memory, you can try handyscan, camscanner, HD scanner

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can save documents locally. If you open up Office, then create a new word document. Then tap on the three dots at the bottom to bring up the options and tap on "save as...". Then you can give your document a name, and under "save to" you have the option for "SkyDrive" or "phone". Choose "phone" to save it locally. If you need this document on a PC at any time, you would just need to plug your phone into the PC via USB and there is a "Documents" folder on the root of your phone. In that you will see any locally saved documents.

With scanning documents, there is a very popular app called "CamScanner" which is now available for Windows Phone. I haven't used it myself, as I rarely need to scan documents, but this app is very popular and I believe it does what you are wanting to do. Hope this helps.

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
dznk

Yes, you can save documents locally. If you open up Office, then create a new word document. Then tap on the three dots at the bottom to bring up the options and tap on "save as...". Then you can give your document a name, and under "save to" you have the option for "SkyDrive" or "phone". Choose "phone" to save it locally. If you need this document on a PC at any time, you would just need to plug your phone into the PC via USB and there is a "Documents" folder on the root of your phone. In that you will see any locally saved documents.

With scanning documents, there is a very popular app called "CamScanner" which is now available for Windows Phone. I haven't used it myself, as I rarely need to scan documents, but this app is very popular and I believe it does what you are wanting to do. Hope this helps.

hacer619

yes you can, when you are saving the document, there is an option to choose between skydrive and phone (saves it on your phone memory).

yes there are apps to scan a document and save it to cloud storage or phone memory, you can try handyscan, camscanner, HD scanner

Thank you both for replying. I will try this today and report the results. I searched about camscanner - they want the user to register. There is something like a promotion going on till Nov 31st where you can be a premium member for free. The normal fee is something like $49. I have read reviews that people have registered and their account is being shown as premium, but total due amount is shown as $49. So I don't want to fall for any marketing technique. What are your views about this app? I think in the mean time I will try handyscan.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know it?s normal. This will happend to everyone in next few weeks...

What do you mean by it will happen to everyone in the next few weeks? It has been always like this since the past one month or two after the display+touch update was released.

wpeightuser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've used camscanner on the iPhone. It's pretty good.

I bought HD Scanner instead since camscanner wasn't available when I moved over to the 925. It's cheaper and does all the things camscanner did when I used camscanner. The skybox/dropbox/google drive integration is nice on the HD Scanner.

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by it will happen to everyone in the next few weeks? It has been always like this since the past one month or two after the display+touch update was released.

Thanks pankaj981 for replying. Could you please explain briefly what you meant by " It has been always like this since the past one month or two after the display+touch update was released. "?
When I bought my phone last month the display+touch was grouped as one. But when I updated it yesterday it split in to three. Any problems? Kindly clarify.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks pankaj981 for replying. Could you please explain briefly what you meant by " It has been always like this since the past one month or two after the display+touch update was released. "?
When I bought my phone last month the display+touch was grouped as one. But when I updated it yesterday it split in to three. Any problems? Kindly clarify.

The update for display+touch has been out for more than a month.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That may be correct. But getting the updates to one's device might depend on the location one is at. I don't know. I got it day before yesterday only as split versions.

Its dependant on ones location but not to the extent of > than a month. You could confirm that by checking the last updated date on the display system app. The store checks the update once a day, during that time if it doesn't find an update (no store connectivity) it will skip it till next time.

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Its dependant on ones location but not to the extent of > than a month. You could confirm that by checking the last updated date on the display system app. The store checks the update once a day, during that time if it doesn't find an update (no store connectivity) it will skip it till next time.

This may be due to the reason that I rarely go online. I use my home Wifi to get online. Even then I used to check once every 2-3 days right from purchase date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo