Camera image quality (not compressed preview)

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Just got my 925 this week. Is it entirely in my head or do all the images, even at full resolution, have heavy digital noise. I'm seeing this at full res even when viewed on my computer. Not a lack of sharpness, or bad rasterising/pixeling but rather excessive amounts of noise especially in gradients. Yes, yes, I know.. it's not a DSLR. But still. At this this moment it's looking like my photos aren't as clean as an iPhone and that scares me. :D Has anyone else seen this or is this all just me?

(Also, I've got a tiny bit of a jiggle on one side of my phone's backing. Up near the top on the back at about the level of the lens.)

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same jiggle at the same spot
I think the low light image quality is way better than 5s, in day light they may be head to head, but it's processed differently, different angle lens. from my point of view, unless there's some good lighting indoor pictures with iphone are an eye sore. Also, without a xenon flash it's very hard to get rid of that noise in the pictures.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
you know, before having a Lumia 925 i used to have a Lumia 720. Lumia 720 do pretty good photos, but after the Amber update all the photos had really more noise (and less saturated/realistic colors). I had the same noise effect in my Lumia 925 but i bought it with Amber preinstalled!
Maybe its only my impression, maybe not!

I just hope it will be better with Lumia Black update!

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the same noise effect in my Lumia 925 but i bought it with Amber preinstalled!
Maybe its only my impression, maybe not!
I just hope it will be better with Lumia Black update!
Hmm.. thanks Alexander. That's interesting. The overall quality, exposure, contrast ratio, colour density are all wonderful and superior in my opinion (and in specs) to my Galaxy S3 I just got rid of, but this digital noise is strange because it doesn't make sense and certainly shouldn't be there, at least not on 100 and 200 ISO. Also, is it possible that "Camera" takes better pictures than SmartCamera?

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
ahhh you're using SmartCamera? It will always sucks!! :)

SmartCamera have to take lot of photos in a short amount of time and.. "looks like" it reduce photo quality in order to take all those photos so quickly!

use normal camera or "Nokia Camera" apps, they are on a different level, on both my lumia 720 and 925 SmartCamera's photo always sucked! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss