Unlocked 925 from ebay - cant get 4G on EE

Pinchscape

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Ive just bought a used Nokia 925 (unlocked) from a reputable seller on ebay. When i start it up it shows a splash screen for the 3 network, but it is unlocked as i can use my EE sim for calls etc.
The problem is that the network speed selector is greyed out and stuck on 3G.
This is a 4G phone and i have a 4G sim so im a bit baffled. My previous phone (Nokia 625) worked on 4G straight out of the box.
I have the latest updates etc.
Does anyone know how i can get it fixed, or do i need to get the seller to honour their 14 day money back offer (i don't want to do that as it was a good price and i loooooove the phone).

Hamberthm

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello. On many countries Nokia has blocked the 4G functionality due to the lack of 4G networks in those countries, like mine (Argentina). I've read that chinese 925s lack 4G support even at hardware level.

In the first case, you could try flashing the software to another variant and see if it unlocks. Otherwise you have the chinese hardware variant (RM-910 / Nokia Lumia 925T) and I don't think you can do anything about that.

Good luck! :)

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
While it is unlocked, I believe as it has the Three firmware, it will not get 4G until Three release the update to allow it.

I believe the same thing happened with unlocked phones and EE when they launched they 4G service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers