Random volume levels.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It seems like every time I go to adjust the volume on my 925, it's at a completely different level than it was the last time I adjusted it. After some experimenting, I realized that the volume can be adjusted from the lock screen. This seems a likely cause, and it seems really odd. Apparently the lock screen doesn't mean "lock". As a side note, 30 increments seems like about 20 more than I really need.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Yea, you can change it from the lockscreen. IMO that's both good and bad. It's bad because you can change it accidentally, but it's good because you can change it quickly :wink:

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
To me it's just bad. The extra second it takes me to swipe up would be much preferred over having my volume go from 25 to 3 while it's in my pocket. Especially since I always have vibrate turned off. This phone and OS definitely has it quirks, but I guess they all do.

skarebrian

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this is really a large problem.

Never happened on my Samsung or Sony Ericsson, never heard of it on Apple or HTC - but the worlds most advanced mobile maker - !!!!!

You have got to be kidding - needs a software lock somewhere - my phone can stay on 30 all day long - doesn?t worry me. But when it drops down to 3 without knowing ..***'

I have a short term solution if anyone is interested.

I took a strip of black duck tape about 4 mm wide and stuck it over the volume controls - now no more lost calls, requires a fairly strong finger push to activate.

Quite discreet until you look closely at the phone.

Brian :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte