common problems with 925?

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
So i am thinking of getting a lumia 925 as opposed to the 1020 because its what i can afford.
the problem is that i have read a lot of bad things about the 925 that is worrying me, so if you guys can please clarify it for me that would be great and to be clear i don't want things like "just get the 1020" i just want answer about the 925.

what is the deal with the blue screen of death? i read it somewhere that the screen goes blue on start up and doesn't work anymore? has this been fixed by nokia or is it a risk? can i fix it without returning?

what about screen issues? i read that the circle outlines of app bar icons is burns into the screen? also Amoled Burn In? is this an issue? and finally what is the blue tint thing? apparently when turned at an angle you see blue tints or something?

how is the battery life?

thanks and as much detail as possible would be great

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I own a 925 and have not experienced any of the issues you listed. In fact, I've never read nor heard of any of those issues associated with the 925. You're safe to get the 925. It's an amazing, solid phone.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what relevance your exact location in the UK has...

The 925 is a fine phone, I enjoyed mine a lot. The problem is that you'll still want the 1020 camera.

My 925 was reliable with no issues for what that's worth.

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site
what is the deal with the blue screen of death? i read it somewhere that the screen goes blue on start up and doesn't work anymore? has this been fixed by nokia or is it a risk? can i fix it without returning?

what about screen issues? i read that the circle outlines of app bar icons is burns into the screen? also Amoled Burn In? is this an issue? and finally what is the blue tint thing? apparently when turned at an angle you see blue tints or something?

how is the battery life?

Let me tell you a few things.
This blue screen of death issue is non-existent in Windows pone.
Amoled does not burn in, like, as far as I'm concerned, LCD screens do.
But yes, you're gonna see blue, green, and magenta tints when you see your pone at an angle as a result of the amoled screen,
not such that big of a deal, those tints are so very light, and I find it very unlikely that anyone views their screen at an angle.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Let me tell you a few things.
This blue screen of death issue is non-existent in Windows pone.
Amoled does not burn in, like, as far as I'm concerned, LCD screens do.
But yes, you're gonna see blue, green, and magenta tints when you see your pone at an angle as a result of the amoled screen,
not such that big of a deal, those tints are so very light, and I find it very unlikely that anyone views their screen at an angle.

thanks! so you are sure the burn in won't happen?

RusB

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Have had the 925 a couple of months after the 920. Stellar phone and not a single issue. iPhone 5 before that and without question is my fave handset to date. Just get one

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
so is there a way to prevent this? have you got pictures so i can see how bad it is?
I returned the phone, the only way to prevent it is NOT to keep something static on the screen for too long, like for 4 hours and up, the one I got with burn-in lines came like that, I didn't even use it for more than 1hr.

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I returned the phone, the only way to prevent it is NOT to keep something static on the screen for too long, like for 4 hours and up, the one I got with burn-in lines came like that, I didn't even use it for more than 1hr.

If it came like that, it's not burn-in. It's some other issue. I'm not saying it doesn't appear to you like burn-in, but how would it have burn-in if it was a new phone? When that happens to anything (like a TV), it happens over a long period of time.

FWIW, I've had my 925 for three months and I love it. It functions flawlessly and takes good pics (not in the same league as the 1020, but still good for a phone). No problems whatsoever. That said, every device made by any company will have defective units. That's just the nature of human manufactured things.
'

boyyoka

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It's a good phone, the black version looks very nice, hence why i got it and take good care of it. But I got it for about a week and it already got very small scratches like what the hell. I babied this phone and these scratches just came out of nowhere. I can live it, tho.

Battery is meh. It's not that bad, but it ain't good either. You can get 24h+ with moderate use easily.

I haven't encountered any of the other problems yet and hopefully I won't have to.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro