Lumia Cameras

osolot729

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

need peoples opinion. I am in market for new phone and one of the most important features to me is camera. I have young kids and the phone will be main camera alot of the times. I have had iphones, currently LG G2 and in evening shots, pics can appear noisy and grainy sometimes. Also any movement has a tendency to blur not just the foucs area but alot of the pic as well on the G2. I am not married to any eco system. Can any one reenforce my decision to look at the 925 or the 1020 or recommend one of the other. Like i said will be used alot indoors and for kids pictures. Is the delay on the 1020 pro cam that bad??? Is it better just using smart cam than choosing best pic for kids ??? Thanks for any comments.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The best thing I can sat in regards to this is that taking pictures in low light situations takes practice. It doesn't matter what camera you use.

To answer you question in regards to camera. Obviously any Lumia 9XX or 1XXX series camera is going to be very good. The Nokia Camera app is fantastic and has a whole bunch of settings to play with. There are several 'burst' photo apps.

Once we get the latest firmware things will get even better. Then we'll get WP8.1

So in my opinion, I think Lumias have great cameras. There are many pictures on this forum to prove it. I can even post some of my own and I'm not a professional.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
if photos are *that* important to you.. you can't get a 925! Difference between LG G2 and 925 is not that marked, if you want a real increase in your photo quality you Need to get a 1020 :)
Not only for the 41mpx (i don't think you will ever save 41mpx photos) but for the bigger sensor (bigger = more light in = more details = less grainy) and for the tecnology to create Great 5mpx photos from the original sensor.
Lumia 1020 uses about 7 pixel from the sensor for a single pixel in the final 5mpx photo, reducing grainy and getting realistic color!

All the lumias have good cameras and good post-processing algorithms, but the Lumia 1020 is really one step ahead the others, you can't buy anything else!

.. all this IMHO :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers