I just picked up a new Lumia 925 on AT&T. Have had for 2 days, synced exchange email, Gmail, Twitter, (don't do Facebook). I must say WP platform is pretty good, smooth, refreshing, and the build quality of these Lumias are excellent. I am going to switch my sim card from the LG G2 for a whole week, and see how this goes. I cant cut the tie from Android yet, but we'll see how this experiment goes.
    Tech King likes this.
    12-13-2013 06:08 PM
    I just picked up a new Lumia 925 on AT&T. Have had for 2 days, synced exchange email, Gmail, Twitter, (don't do Facebook). I must say WP platform is pretty good, smooth, refreshing, and the build quality of these Lumias are excellent. I am going to switch my sim card from the LG G2 for a whole week, and see how this goes. I cant cut the tie from Android yet, but we'll see how this experiment goes.
    Most of us venture out like that slammer. Its not automatic especially if android is all you know. It took me about 3 days to realize I wasn't in Kansas anymore. But after that 3 days, I realized it was sink or swim. Either I was going to make Windows Phone work for me or face myself in the mirror as a failure.
    Its a great experience. There are bumps but I never feel android tugging at me. But all in all, welcome aboard.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-13-2013 07:30 PM
    Try the whole gamut of things before you switch away from that awesome phone(lg g2).
    12-14-2013 02:38 AM
    I won't be influencing you..your choice is yours alone.
    And...
    welcome.png
    12-14-2013 09:06 AM
    I'm the same, got my first windows phone a few weeks ago. I still have my Xperia Z1 but I haven't used it for over a week now. I also have a Nexus 7 2nd generation but I have asked Santa to bring me a 2520 for Christmas and my wife said he would so looking forward to moving completely to windows by the end of January next.
    12-14-2013 09:32 AM
    Switched to WP8 myself, about a month ago. There are situations when I still compare to Android but when I get the feeling like "hey, maybe I would've been better off with a newer Android I think of all the stuff that bugged me on Android (only max. 18 months of updates, felt like too much of a box of bricks to me, impressive amount of apps but also very much crap, if you don't have a "flagship" you don't mean squat to the company, first answer if there is a software problem: just flash a custom rom). Then I remember why I got sick of using Android and enjoy my 925 even more ;-)

Even if you'll get the newest Android phone, there's another one waiting around the corner and they all have their problems (i.e. my Nexus S battery drainage got ****ed up after the update to 4.1.2 and there's no other update to fix it and there won't be; except custom roms and I hate them).
    12-14-2013 07:29 PM
    I have a G2 now and the only way I find the phone usable is with it running Cyanogen 11 aka stock 4.4.2 like the Nexus 5. Sucks that I have to rely on knowing my ways about rooting and flashing for me not to want to throw the phone against the nearest wall/ out the nearest window.
    baseballbert likes this.
    12-14-2013 10:13 PM