Display Broken - Help required

muntaha

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Been an avid iPhone user for past 5 years and switched to WP last month with Lumia 925. Absolutely loved the far superior multimedia capablities (Camera and music)
Dropped the Lumia 925 face down from waist height yesterday. :(
Touch and everything is fine, Even the digitiser doesnt even shown a scratch, let alone a crack.
however the fall managed to break the Display inside. First a pink dot showed up which gradually consumed the whole of my display.

Local repair shops are asking for around USD $210.00 for a replacement but I am not sure if that is an original one.

Suggestion required as it is worth replacing the display at this cost or should i use the phone as a paper weight?
Getting a Lumia 920 for USD $ 270.
Should i consider going for the Lumia 920 or get my phone repaired?
The phone is used barely for a month. :(

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the problem is the phone is so new, replacement parts are still expensive. I've looked into the disassembly of this particular model phone. The videos on screen replacement have not been posted yet; at least I didn't see any. If the digitizer and LCD are made as one unit, replace the whole thing. It is more expensive, but a safer repair. This is still cheaper than buying a new one at full retail.

muntaha

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the problem is the phone is so new, replacement parts are still expensive. I've looked into the disassembly of this particular model phone. The videos on screen replacement have not been posted yet; at least I didn't see any. If the digitizer and LCD are made as one unit, replace the whole thing. It is more expensive, but a safer repair. This is still cheaper than buying a new one at full retail.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Any recommendations for a reliable source who can supply this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster