Hello guys, I've seen many threads and forums about battery life on WP. As a WP7&8 user I've noticed a very short battery life compared to my old WP7 device. My Lumia 925 have 3-6 hrs of battery Life with just Wifi and location service switch on. Even surfing the web and looking at social networking sites, the battery become hot and battery will drain very quickly, in 2hrs with full usage of web surfing and some YouTube like 20mins. The battery drop 40%. I did hard reset twice and it didn't solve the problem. Even when the phone is stock, the battery drain still exist . May I know if anyone of you guys have this issue ? Or can it be fixed?
    12-15-2013 11:59 AM
    Have you checked the sync settings on your email accounts? I had one of my accounts set as "as items arrive" then i changed it to "every 15 minutes" This was one of the main cause of battery drainage on my 925 and after some adjustments, I noticed a lot of improvement. Its a little inconvenient since it is a work email account but I can deal with it.
    12-15-2013 01:02 PM
    Hello guys, I've seen many threads and forums about battery life on WP. As a WP7&8 user I've noticed a very short battery life compared to my old WP7 device. My Lumia 925 have 3-6 hrs of battery Life with just Wifi and location service switch on. Even surfing the web and looking at social networking sites, the battery become hot and battery will drain very quickly, in 2hrs with full usage of web surfing and some YouTube like 20mins. The battery drop 40%. I did hard reset twice and it didn't solve the problem. Even when the phone is stock, the battery drain still exist . May I know if anyone of you guys have this issue ? Or can it be fixed?
    You have my sympathies. I too am experiencing a weird battery drain and an overheating issue. The weird part is it can last longer when I use it and drains quicker when the phone is either locked or turned off. I'll try the email syncing fix but I believe this is an OS issue. In fact, my phone doesn't auto check updates anymore even if it is set as such.
    12-15-2013 07:30 PM
    My email come daily and another come 2hrs. Doesn't make sense . Last night when I didn't use it, the Battery drained 14% in 10 hours. I switch everything off except 2G network . Some say Nokia Black will fix this :/
    12-15-2013 09:53 PM
    I have a 920 I purchased on day one, and I get better battery life now then I did 1 year ago, considerably much more. I have 6 different email accounts, all syncing every 2hrs except Outlook, which is 30 min. Always have 2 background tasks running, WPCentral & Weather Channel, also have WiFi always on and LTE. I noticed you mentioned you keep GPS on and set your cellular network speed to 2G, this is what kills my battery exactly. I always turn GPS off until it is needed, and changing your cell network to anything lower than LTE to save battery is absolutely the wrong, found this out by reading up on LTE technology and also from Nokia on their forums. Try this, if you already haven't, as my most recent stats from Insider Pro app for my battery are showing roughly 16 hrs Daily and a max of 26 hrs. Also have display brightness set to auto.
    12-15-2013 11:09 PM
    guys my lumia 920 battery lasts 6 hours(continuous use with wifi on and viewing youtube videos, chat etc) i have all unnecessary things like BT and NFC and location off..
    the thing i have noticed is.. the battery discharge rate or time remaining on our windows phone devices has some kind of delay.. u unplug ur device after hours of inactivity.. then u use it for a few hours.. and see the battery percentage drop by say 20%.. then switch off the device immediately.. after switching it back on after 1 hour u ll see the battery % has dropped by 10% again.
    12-15-2013 11:35 PM
    Even if I switch off location services. It does nothing. After a full charge, it will say a day and 6 hrs remaining. After a soft reset. It will show 89%. Battery probably not charge fully? But even if its fully charged. The battery discharge very quick. Do you guys have improved battery life after charging and using for a month?
    12-16-2013 12:29 AM
    Even if I switch off location services. It does nothing. After a full charge, it will say a day and 6 hrs remaining. After a soft reset. It will show 89%. Battery probably not charge fully? But even if its fully charged. The battery discharge very quick. Do you guys have improved battery life after charging and using for a month?
    what I learned is that soft resets mess up the calculation of battery percentage, as the dates go coco after the soft reset.

From personal experience after a hard reset, I'm getting almost 0% - 2% discharge on idle, 5% - 9% while using it. Which is amazing compared to my 10% on idle, before HR. I have no idea what did the phone do, but its fine now.
    tayfelix likes this.
    12-16-2013 12:37 AM
    About the battery meter not charging to 100% issue even if you charge it over night, I have this issue as well. And I think others too. There's a whole thread about it. I believe its a software bug. A simple soft reset fixes it though, but it doesn't affect my battery drainage at all. And yes, after about a month of usage, there was improvement from the first time I bought it. By the way,is your phone updated to GDR3?
    12-16-2013 12:42 AM
    About the battery meter not charging to 100% issue even if you charge it over night, I have this issue as well. And I think others too. There's a whole thread about it. I believe its a software bug. A simple soft reset fixes it though, but it doesn't affect my battery drainage at all. And yes, after about a month of usage, there was improvement from the first time I bought it. By the way,is your phone updated to GDR3?
    I see. So maybe Nokia Black can fix this. Was using Nokia Camera for around 10mins and battery dropped 10%. Argh. And yes, my phone is updated to GDR3. When I was on GDR2, battery life is horrible. 2hrs is all it takes to go from 100 to 0.
    12-16-2013 12:50 AM
    My battery is pretty bad to on my 925. Everytime I shut off my phone it drops like 15 percent of battery life which really sucks.
    tayfelix likes this.
    12-19-2013 07:16 PM