So there's an article now that says the update is available for the 925 on T-Mobile. Has anyone tried it yet? I keep checking for the update but nothing comes up.
    12-19-2013 04:31 PM
    If you already have the Dev preview of GDR3 then you already have the latest version. this is just for the rest of the 925's that didnt do the dev preview...
    12-19-2013 04:37 PM
    Correct. I don't have the dev preview. Is anybody who waited for the official rollout getting it?
    12-19-2013 04:48 PM
    Mine's not updating either... I'll be waiting though
    12-19-2013 04:50 PM
    I have been trying every few minutes after I saw that post as well. But nothing so far. Hopefully soon!

Not sure how credible the post is either. Here's the post for those that may want to read it. That is actually the second one i have seen today.
    12-19-2013 05:26 PM
    Haven't receive the update either.
    12-19-2013 10:42 PM
    Nothing for me... :/
    12-19-2013 11:54 PM
    Nothing for me either, been trying since yesterday around 4pm, now its 8am next morning, still nothing yet, a lot of people in the comments section of the article say they didn't get it either. I am not on preview also.
    12-20-2013 07:04 AM
    Maybe it was an accident :P

"Hey! Turn that off quickly! Who let that out? We decided not to release that. They might think we're still supporting Windows Phone. Remove 7.8 from the servers while your at it."
    12-20-2013 09:39 AM
    This is not the Black update from what I understand otherwise preview would have received as well.
    12-20-2013 01:02 PM
    12-20-2013 02:30 PM
    No single user on the forums or the site reported getting the upgrade, I don't get it, is there an update or not ? been trying since yesterday, wth
    12-20-2013 02:40 PM
    No single user on the forums or the site reported getting the upgrade, I don't get it, is there an update or not ? been trying since yesterday, wth
    Someone at WP Central and another poster in the article apparently got it. That's all I've seen so far...
    12-20-2013 02:50 PM
    Maybe it was an accident :P

"Hey! Turn that off quickly! Who let that out? We decided not to release that. They might think we're still supporting Windows Phone. Remove 7.8 from the servers while your at it."
    That's funny. I've been using WP devices on T-Mobile for about a year and a half now and I have got to say how much contempt I have for their customer service paradigm. Yes, anyone that have been paying attention to the situation there at T-Mobile knows that they'll abandon WP devices left and right. It just seems stupid of T-Mobile. Yes, some of the people who's phones have been abandoned will buy the newest WP device from T-Mobile and call it a day. However some of those people end up having their new phone get abandoned. I had no issues updating my HTC HD7 to 7.8 using the cab method. I can easily imagine the antipathy that T-Mobile's history of abandoning WP devices creates in their customer base. I think it is incredibly STUPID of T-Mobile to use the stratagem of withholding updates for their older phones to prompt users to upgrade to newer phones. That stratagem will create dissatisfaction in their customer base and lead to customer churn. T-Mobile should support their WP devices as long as MS is still releasing updates for that class of device and allow their customers to upgrade naturally as the technology improves. Using a stick to lead people to upgrade rather than a carrot is just plain stupid.
    12-20-2013 03:21 PM
    Yeah, the articles mentioned GDR3 not the Black update. I dunno why I put that lol I guess I was excited about an update that I jumped the gun and thought it was bundled with Black. I don't think anyone has gotten it yet... For some reason I remember hearing that we were supposed to get it in January though.
    12-20-2013 04:12 PM
    It seems like they said October, then November, then MID December. That is the last I heard on when it will be released. Should have just downloaded the developer version.
    12-20-2013 04:19 PM
    I call BS, I don't think WPcentral actually received any update lol.
    12-20-2013 04:54 PM
    That's funny. I've been using WP devices on T-Mobile for about a year and a half now and I have got to say how much contempt I have for their customer service paradigm. Yes, anyone that have been paying attention to the situation there at T-Mobile knows that they'll abandon WP devices left and right. It just seems stupid of T-Mobile. Yes, some of the people who's phones have been abandoned will buy the newest WP device from T-Mobile and call it a day. However some of those people end up having their new phone get abandoned. I had no issues updating my HTC HD7 to 7.8 using the cab method. I can easily imagine the antipathy that T-Mobile's history of abandoning WP devices creates in their customer base. I think it is incredibly STUPID of T-Mobile to use the stratagem of withholding updates for their older phones to prompt users to upgrade to newer phones. That stratagem will create dissatisfaction in their customer base and lead to customer churn. T-Mobile should support their WP devices as long as MS is still releasing updates for that class of device and allow their customers to upgrade naturally as the technology improves. Using a stick to lead people to upgrade rather than a carrot is just plain stupid.
    Why would Tmo want us to get new devices? I don't see anything in it for them.
    12-20-2013 06:38 PM
    roflmao.
    12-20-2013 06:48 PM
    Nothing here as well. Not even the latest amber update. (I do have amber, just not the latest)
    12-20-2013 09:46 PM
    This is not the Black update from what I understand otherwise preview would have received as well.
    Developers preview is for Microsoft updates not Nokia updates, Black is Nokia's.
    12-20-2013 11:26 PM
    I was on dev preview too (1020, AT&T locked, using as an ipod currently).
    Just select the option to receive preview updates as 'Off', soft reset and check for updates, works very well for me :)
    12-21-2013 04:04 AM