Strange earphone crackling sounds on Lumia 925 - not GSM-like noise.

eugene89us

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Good morning, everyone!

I have searched all over the internet for an answer, but the only stuff I found is people complaining of GSM-like noise when in low-reception area on Lumia 925. Mine does that sometimes when I am inside a house with 1 bar, and if it struggles to connect to network, it will start making GSM noise in the earphone before connecting. That sound is familiar to me (anytime you place a phone near a speaker), and doesn't cause me much bother, since most of the time, I have good reception.

Lately, I have noticed additional noise in my earphone on Lumia 925. When I am in the same low-reception zone and in an extremely quiet environment, I can hear a clicking sound coming from the earphone. I can hear the sound when I put my ear to the phone, and can be heard anywhere on the phone as long as my ear is flush with phone body. Of course, it is loudest when I am listening to the earphone itself. It is not a GSM-like noise, but a crackling of sorts. Click, click, click. Sometimes slowly, sometimes it speeds up and then disappears. If I disconnect all networks - airplane mode, the sound is not there. I am used to GSM sound which only happens when I am trying to connect a call, but the clicking noise occurs when I am not in call mode makes me wonder if that is normal. Do any of you experience this? It is very subtle, but is there. Wonder if it is a similar GSM interference, but more subtle that GSM noise when not in call. My phone is fully unlocked, so I don't want to swap it for another one that will be carrier locked.

Thank you so much for your responses!

eugene89us

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
No, not the noise like that - I get that GSM noise sometimes, but the one I am concerned about is the faint clicking sound in the earphone. It appears to happen in LTE connection mode. It is really clicking sound, but has some pattern to it, making me think it might be related to interference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon