An unusual problem with app updates.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So I've noticed this within the last couple of weeks. My phone does not detect when there are updates to applications. Usually I would see an update is available here on wpcentral and later on in the day or the next day it shows up on my phone in the icon for the marketplace. I open up the marketplace and there I see how many updates I have. Now I have been seeing none when I know there are updates. For example, wpcentral says there's a new update for whatsapp. I wait a couple of days and it doesn't show up so I go into the marketplace and search for whatsapp and I can update it from there but no automatic updates show up. It's a bit frustrating because I don't know what apps need updating other than the ones announced on wpcentral or other websites and I want my apps running up to date for a better experience. Has anyone come across this issue or no of a specific fix that may help? I've gone into the settings but can't find anything relevant that would help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

JCtheGreat

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Are you in battery save mode? Also are you always connected to wifi or cellular data?
Those two, for me, are crucial in getting store updates.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have battery save mode turned on but it only kicks in when the battery is low... I just turned it off. And wifi is always on but I use both wifi and cellular data.

tollonodre

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue few months ago. Don't remember the exact solution, but seem to remember you had to clear out IE and do a hard reset. Search the general Win8Phone forum, you'll find it there. Not an uncommon issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion