Get the T-Mobile 925 or hold out for a better Lumia in 2014?

BlackberryFan2009

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I really wish T-Mobile got the 1520 Lumia or another Lumia that is around 5.2 inches in screen size. The 6 is insanely huge, but i thought the Lumia 925 could have been perfect at 5.2 inches. Anyways, should i get the 925 or wait for something new and possibly more AMAZING in 2014 for T-Mobile. Soooo mad AT&T got the 1520 as an exclusive. I think Windows Phone 8 has been out for 2 years already. Seriously time for an OS overhaul or re-design by now.

planoman

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thought but pulled the trigger on a 925 this week, to arrive Tuesday. If a more advanced model comes in 2014, I could sell my 925 since I got a pretty good deal on SWAPPA. I am on AT&T, so hopeful they get some new stuff in 2014.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to say since we have no idea what phones, if any, that T-mobile will get. AT&T seems to snag all the new ones. If you're not in a hurry I'd say wait until Microsofts Build conference in April. I'm sure they'll be showing off new devices along with WP8.1.

planoman

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted to wait but after seeing that deal on swappa, it haunted me. Lol! I am getting like my mom!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm a manager with Tmo. I happened upon a Nokia employee who had the 1520 before it was released on AT&T. After talking for a bit, I told him I was waiting to see what we got. He started to say something, paused and simply said, "Keep watching T-Mobile."

While that's not anything near definitive nor is it much info to go on, period, it's curious to say the least.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm a manager with Tmo. I happened upon a Nokia employee who had the 1520 before it was released on AT&T. After talking for a bit, I told him I was waiting to see what we got. He started to say something, paused and simply said, "Keep watching T-Mobile."

While that's not anything near definitive nor is it much info to go on, period, it's curious to say the least.
Not saying I don't believe you're a Tmobile manager, but even if you were I still wouldn't make a decision off of the information you're supplying. I talk to my Tmobile Manager at my local corporate store and he also said that a Nokia rep. came to drop off information on device variants coming in late 2013. I then asked the manager for more info and he said that's all he knows, but he expected a 1020 variant late Q4 2013 and behold, it never came. This is the third time Tmobile hinted something completely false.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Not saying I don't believe you're a Tmobile manager, but even if you were I still wouldn't make a decision off of the information you're supplying. I talk to my Tmobile Manager at my local corporate store and he also said that a Nokia rep. came to drop off information on device variants coming in late 2013. I then asked the manager for more info and he said that's all he knows, but he expected a 1020 variant late Q4 2013 and behold, it never came. This is the third time Tmobile hinted something completely false.

Which is why I stated it wasn't definitive or much to go on. He didn't give me anything solid and what he did say was speculative at best. When it comes down to it, it'll be about what device Tmo chooses to purchase from Nokia. The 521 is doing so well that they may purchase the 525 and call it a day. I guess we'll see.

BlackberryFan2009

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why AT&T gets all the Lumia exclusives. Every one knows that carriers sell more when making the device available on multiple carriers. Exclusivity only hurts possible income that could have been generated.

I really hope T-Mobile gets a HOT Lumia in 2014.

BlackberryFan2009

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as my daily driver. I have a Nokia Lumia 521 as a back up emergency phone and also got it 2 fiddle around with the OS. I like windows phone even though the OS is boring, but I'd ditch my Note 2 in a heartbeat if Windows got the Hangouts app.

i had the 925 but sold it cause after adding my songs, there was no room left. I hate that Lumia devices never have micro sd card slots till recently.

KennyJohnson

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I ordered one. If a new device comes out I have a feeling it will be exclusive to At&t first or they will wait until the merger completes and it will be a Microsoft branded phone and Microsoft my be aggressive to build up adoption of the platform.

BlackberryFan2009

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I love the 152o, but that thing really is TOO HUGE. I wish it was on T-Mobile, but i would be in high heaven if they could get a 5.2inch or 5.4inch Lumia with a 1080P display, micro SD card slot, and the Starbucks Card and Hangouts app then i can finally ditch my Galaxy Note 2. I love the Lumia i have as backup, but its not high end. I really dont understand why Nokia is so against micro SD card slots on their devices.

@KennyJohnson - I hope Microsoft doesn't get rid of the Nokia name brand because i feel they are doing themselves a disservice. The Nokia name brand should live on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos