Nokia Lumia 925 Update 3

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
coz. carriers do the mods over the firmare,licensing and then roll out to the devices on contract.. and this process is a very long one usually.

Malcome Larcens

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I've posted on this issue before on other threads. I was one of the first to get the black updates. My phone is unlocked from H K and I live in Japan so I updated early Friday morning.
However as soon as it was finished my phone wouldn't recognize my SIM card. I restarted over 50 time after checking the settings.
I also did a phone reset the 2 ways possible, from "Extras+Info" and also the volume up down and Power button combination, none of these fixed the problem.
One thing unusual that I found in this process is that when searching for networks it comes up with only 2 Softbank and JP DOCOMO. I use a NTT DOCOMO sim card.
It should detect the network as NTT DOCOMO as it did before the update. A friend of mine (Lumia 1020) has had the same problem, lost cellular connection after the update.
His phone also reads the networks as JP DOCOMO. I used the phone for about a month and half before the update and it worked fine.
Everything else work fine, I tried the story teller, it's nice and app folder is nice too.
I contacted Nokia and am waiting to hear from them, about what to do with the phone.
So I'm hoping that someone has found a way around it, I don't want to send my phone back, it takes a long time.

Thanks in advance

Malcome Larcens

karashi

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I've posted on this issue before on other threads. I was one of the first to get the black updates. My phone is unlocked from H K and I live in Japan so I updated early Friday morning.
Malcome Larcens

Are you using a 3G SIM? Not a SIM for LTE?

I sent you a message about DoCoMo's SIMs. I hope it'll help you.

Malcome Larcens

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi again, since posting earlier this week I found the problem with the Black update.
My SIM card was 3G and Black doesn't read 3G SIM cards anymore. I went to a local DOCOMO shop and tried a 4G SIM card and it worked fine on auto search.
So if others experience this it is due to the incompatibility of the phone update and the SIM card.
After that I went to get my SIM card upgraded to 4G. Too bad it took me 4 days to find out.
I actually received a message about another user experiencing the same problem.
Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss