01-17-2014 01:42 AM
30 12
tools
    Hi,

I have Lumia 925 (sim free), and I don't see support for Lumia 925 (or Black update) for my country here: Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia. How can I update my phone ?
    01-12-2014 03:50 AM
    At this point you might as well just wait a couple months max for the final release tbh. Update 3 is nice but its features aren't that essential.
    Because Rotation lock isn't essential.....

Anyway, look here: https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/featured/update3
    01-13-2014 08:01 AM
    Hi all, I've posted on this issue before on other threads. I was one of the first to get the black updates. My phone is unlocked from H K and I live in Japan so I updated early Friday morning.
    However as soon as it was finished my phone wouldn't recognize my SIM card. I restarted over 50 time after checking the settings.
    I also did a phone reset the 2 ways possible, from "Extras+Info" and also the volume up down and Power button combination, none of these fixed the problem.
    One thing unusual that I found in this process is that when searching for networks it comes up with only 2 Softbank and JP DOCOMO. I use a NTT DOCOMO sim card.
    It should detect the network as NTT DOCOMO as it did before the update. A friend of mine (Lumia 1020) has had the same problem, lost cellular connection after the update.
    His phone also reads the networks as JP DOCOMO. I used the phone for about a month and half before the update and it worked fine.
    Everything else work fine, I tried the story teller, it's nice and app folder is nice too.
    I contacted Nokia and am waiting to hear from them, about what to do with the phone.
    So I'm hoping that someone has found a way around it, I don't want to send my phone back, it takes a long time.

Thanks in advance

Malcome Larcens
    01-14-2014 12:49 AM
    Hi all, I've posted on this issue before on other threads. I was one of the first to get the black updates. My phone is unlocked from H K and I live in Japan so I updated early Friday morning.
    Malcome Larcens
    Are you using a 3G SIM? Not a SIM for LTE?

I sent you a message about DoCoMo's SIMs. I hope it'll help you.
    01-14-2014 06:10 PM
    Hi again, since posting earlier this week I found the problem with the Black update.
    My SIM card was 3G and Black doesn't read 3G SIM cards anymore. I went to a local DOCOMO shop and tried a 4G SIM card and it worked fine on auto search.
    So if others experience this it is due to the incompatibility of the phone update and the SIM card.
    After that I went to get my SIM card upgraded to 4G. Too bad it took me 4 days to find out.
    I actually received a message about another user experiencing the same problem.
    Thanks again
    01-17-2014 01:42 AM
30 12