Nokia Lumia 925 Update 3

lampz

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Its on the net that Windows 8 Update 3 has been out. But when I check for updates on my Lumia 925 it says your phone is up-to-date. When will the update 3 be available in India then?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Update 3 is not released for Lumia except the 1020 here in the US. Update 3 Preview is out though, which majority of the Lumia users are currently using.

lampz

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
But there's an article on wpcentral which says its out for lumia 925 as well. Also how can i get that preview update ?? I dont have much knowledge about it.

mriveaa

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
But there's an article on wpcentral which says its out for lumia 925 as well. Also how can i get that preview update ?? I dont have much knowledge about it.
you will have to create a MS dev account and after the account is done download the preview for developers in th store

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
At this point you might as well just wait a couple months max for the final release tbh. Update 3 is nice but its features aren't that essential.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey there lampz, I'm confused about the 925 as well - there is an article saying that it came out (for the T-Mobile variant), but it doesn't mention the Black update, just the official release of GRD3 (unlike the AT&T variant of the 1020, which got both). Granted, these two variants (1020 and 925) are specifically for the carrier variants, the rest of us (I myself have a factory unlocked 920) will have to keep waiting - but shouldn't be too much longer! :D

Zeem Frostmaw, not sure which features your referring to that aren't essential - I myself use the ability to close apps almost daily, everything else (at least GDR3 - non Black) is a bonus. :p

lampz

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. Hope so the black/GDR3 update for lumia 925 rolls out soon. Please notify about any news on it. Thanks :)

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Zeem Frostmaw, not sure which features your referring to that aren't essential - I myself use the ability to close apps almost daily, everything else (at least GDR3 - non Black) is a bonus. :p

By that I mean I feel they aren't essential enough to dive head-first into a developer preview programme for, when the fully polished release really shouldn't be that far away at this point. :)

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
But there's an article on wpcentral which says its out for lumia 925 as well.
I really wouldn't trust that article. Maybe the writer was just very lucky, but there have been little to no reports of anyone on T-Mobile with Update 3. If they do have it, then they're very good at keeping it a secret...

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
The GDR3 update (also known as Update 3) is being enhanced by Nokia with extra features (GDR3+extra features being called Lumia Black), that is why it's taking a while for Lumia devices to be updated.

So far, only US's AT&T network has updated Lumia 1020 and Lumia 925 to Lumia Black.

You can get GDR3 on your phones NOW by joining the developer's preview program (search through the forums), however for the Lumia specific features you'll have to wait 'till the official update rolls out. It is said to come to most devices sometime in February.

Martin87

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 925 last night after installing the developer application. Phone is still it's silky smooth self!

Rotation lock is a very welcome addition, missed it from iPhone when I changed to Windows :).

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
i'm in italy and i got lumia black via over the air update. I got some weird bugs.. :\
phone is always a little warmer (tomorrow i can tell about the battery) and once the screen got blak. For black i mean totally off, i can use the touch (i can hear the unlock sound) but screen off. A restart fixed it.
I just updated to lumia black and installed storyteller and nokia folder.

lampz

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got the update last night. Can't figure out any major plus points as of yet. Also there is something mentioned as Apps folder on the net with this update. But couldn't find how to use that feature. Apart from that I don't think there are many things to look out for in this update. Or am I wrong?

planoman

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update last night. Can't figure out any major plus points as of yet. Also there is something mentioned as Apps folder on the net with this update. But couldn't find how to use that feature. Apart from that I don't think there are many things to look out for in this update. Or am I wrong?

The folder app is in the store and works on Black and Amber phones. Just search app folder in the store it is from Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs