Nokia Lumia 925 is not getting recognized on computer !

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
i installed Windows phone GDR3 from Microsoft Preview Developer Program. Then whenever i used to connect my device to my computer to add songs and videos in my phone..my phone used to get connected via usb cable. but then after some days my phone is not getting recognized on my computer nor any other. i just can't connect my Lumia925 on any other computer. it just shows my "device is not recognized". i contacted Nokia they suggested me some steps, i tried them all still my phone wont get detected. i even tried on internet to look for some solution. i updated my computer drivers, tried in switched off mode. (phone turns on but wont detect on computer). phone isn't even charging via cable on computer but i can charge my phone through my charger..tried other USB cable. still not working. i want to add music, videos in my phone.. please some one help me out of this ! :( need a solution ! :unhappysweat:

Last edited:

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
hey there!
today i updated my phone from windows phone GDR3 Dev Preview to Nokia Black update. but still my phone is not getting detected by computer. :/ tried everything.
give me a solution please. i cant transfer media :(

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
looks like your phone memory is corrupted. Just check if your media files in the music+ videos are duplicated. Try a soft reset. If still the issue persists, go for a hard reset. I had the same problem with my old L822.

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, i tried both soft and hard reset but same problem persists..i cant even charge my phone through USB cable. All i can do is i have to charge my phone with Nokia charger which was came in box. Any more solutions would be appreciated :)

Walkerboy79

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Had same problem with my lumia 900.....my micro USB port was damaged so that I could charge phone but computer wouldn't recognize device....couldn't transfer any data...i feel your pain.
Hopefully you have some warranty coverage. Otherwise, look for micro usb part on ebay....
Tutorials on YouTube will show you assembly and diassembly. Best of luck!

Swapnadeep Biswas

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1320 is not getting recognized on computer !

I have updated my L1320 with windows phone 8.1 developer version. But after few days of use my ph stop recognize computer while connecting with USB. Its only charging. I tried several usb but same problem arises. please suggest some idea and how to turn off xbox cloud collection? because after update music+video were separated. please help....thnx

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 1320 is not getting recognized on computer !

I have updated my L1320 with windows phone 8.1 developer version. But after few days of use my ph stop recognize computer while connecting with USB. Its only charging. I tried several usb but same problem arises. please suggest some idea and how to turn off xbox cloud collection? because after update music+video were separated. please help....thnx

Hi swapnadeep Biswas,

Did you sorted out this issue? i have the same issue, please let me know if you fix this

Andre Victor1

May 18, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem as "prasanth1947 " music+video is separate now. This is really getting on my nerve. Please help!!!!

Harmanpreet Punj

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and thought my micros usb port was damaged. So, went to nokia care and the guys there told that everything was working fine but I couldn't get it to connect to my laptop (from past 8 months). I searched the web but found no solution and had no hope left for usb connection. But you my friend have saved me from changing my phone :amaze:

Cheers!!

Harmanpreet Punj

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Quote Originally Posted by worldspy99 View Post
Tap Music+Videos, select settings and then slide Xbox cloud collection to off. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem and thought my micros usb port was damaged. So, went to nokia care and the guys there told that everything was working fine but I couldn't get it to connect to my laptop (from past 8 months). I searched the web but found no solution and had no hope left for usb connection. But you my friend have saved me from changing my phone :amaze:

Cheers!!

Sarah Rad

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

The best way that I found to handle this situation was to uninstall the USB drivers for Nokia.

step one: unplug your USB Nokia cable
step two: click start, type in "device manager"

you should see a list of devices.

scroll down to "Universal Serial Bus Devices"

Step 3: Right click Nokia USB connectivity, select properties
Step 4: Click on driver tab, then uninstall driver
Step 5: Reboot your computer
Step 6: Plug in Nokia 925 USB cable

Windows should begin to automatically install the driver for you.

hope this helps! I tried for months to get my phone connected and it finally worked!!!

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the exact same issue with my Lumia 620..tried every possible solution but the problem still persist.
I am facing this problem after updating to cyan,also my battery is draining too fast.

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Sarah is correct. Your USB drivers are corrupted, happens a lot. You can also install Nokia Care Suite, the current version, and it will re-install your USB drivers.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Sarah is correct. Your USB drivers are corrupted, happens a lot. You can also install Nokia Care Suite, the current version, and it will re-install your USB drivers.
How can USB drivers of all the PCs i have tried connecting my phone to are corrupted?? something is wrong with the device itself for sure and Microsoft has today released some critical update for those who are on dev prev.I guess this might be the fix for it!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb