Disable lock screen (set it to never)

keung

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought this handset and coming from the HTC Titan x310e I'm used to occasionally disabling lock screen completely. However now my only options are 30 seconds, 1, 3, and 5 minutes. I've read this is, or used to be, an issue with the 920 as well, where it seemed somewhat random whether the Never option was available. I couldn't find any info on the 925. Does anyone know if Never is intentionally left out or if it's the same randomness with it?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know there is 'never' available in Windows Phone 8 emulator, but no idea why it isn't available on devices.

I went to google, and found out that few people report to have this option in settings. However 90% users haven't :p it might depend on software (carrier modifications or availability only on specified devices in specified world regions)

keung

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
My phone is unlocked, so I guess only certain carriers allows the option. Very strange. I understand the risk of AMOLED burn in, so I guess Nokia (and other manufacturers if they do the same) are taking precautions in regards to warranty claims. While I find it annoying that I cannot control such a simple feature myself, I would have been more annoyed if I experienced burn in... :)

fatichar

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that they have combined the two features in a single setting:

1. Turn the screen off
2. Lock the screen.

While not giving on option to keep the screen forever ON is understandable, not giving an option to disable the lock screen is really annoying.
I want my phone screen to turn off after a specific time OR when I click the power button. But It should not be locked. Sliding the screen all the way repeatedly in a pain, especially on a phablet. It's baffling how such a simple functionality is missed.

scaramanga89

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, this is the issue - especially with double tap to wake. It makes a nonsense of it. I still have to swipe up ffs. What's the point in that?

scaramanga89

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So you can double tap the screen and go straight to the tiles to interact. Why have to swipe away a screen every single time you open the phone? It serves no security purpose, it just shows the time and a picture.

Ericgs

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Lock screen timeout problem

I have this issue as well with the Lumia 950, Build 10.0.14393.189, using the T mobile carrier. Is this option coming back in future builds? What if I have maps open in and trying to navigate and then it locks?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss