02-26-2014 08:52 AM
111 1234 ...
tools
    Seems like we might be the last to get it, T Mobile kinda sucks for updates I guess
    01-28-2014 07:15 PM
    Seems like we might be the last to get it, T Mobile kinda sucks for updates I guess
    I hink this is just a special case. My HTC 8X got updates lightning fast. Oh well this is what I get for upgrading to a Lumia >_>
    01-28-2014 11:22 PM
    I hink this is just a special case. My HTC 8X got updates lightning fast. Oh well this is what I get for upgrading to a Lumia >_>
    GDR3 or the only part of the update on the 8x, is available on the 925 as part of the preview program. No waiting for T-Mobile necessary. I'm pretty sure the T-Mobile 8x hasn't gotten GDR3 pushed by T-Mobile either.
    01-29-2014 02:10 AM
    Newest reply from Tmobile - its almost comical now. I just post a update every couple of days just to see what PR canned response I am going to get back. I may start making meme's at the 31 day mark.

Me:
    # of days behind ATT pushing Lumia Black update for 925 - 16 days and counting. ATT also managed to push the update for both the 920/820 today. Maybe we'll see it before MWC2014.

TMobile:
    We have partnered with Nokia to meet T-Mobile’s rigorous and meticulous testing process for approval. T-Mobile is always looking to provide uncompromising industry leading standards for customer service and support. We apologize for any inconvenience leading up to the release of the Lumia Black update for T-Mobile, but we are confident that when it is made available, it will meet the expectations you depend on us to provide. Thank for your patience! -Lauren
    vitor.rf, jabtano, obakir and 1 others like this.
    01-31-2014 01:49 AM
    I don't even check my phone anymore...hopefully it will show up in the next week or so, supposed to be before Feb 1

LOL
    vitor.rf likes this.
    01-31-2014 08:17 AM
    TMOBILE was one of the first to get first to updates. I think they have been pretty good.
    01-31-2014 06:48 PM
    TMOBILE was one of the first to get first to updates. I think they have been pretty good.
    You are obviously not American. Please reference Availability in North America - Nokia
    01-31-2014 08:03 PM
    I wouldn't doubt that AT&T got exclusivity on the Black update in the US, seeing as no other carriers have pushed the update...
    01-31-2014 11:15 PM
    I wouldn't doubt that AT&T got exclusivity on the Black update in the US, seeing as no other carriers have pushed the update...
    That's just not true... Only the 810 on T-Mo is excluded... All others are to get Black after testing/approval by the carriers

Availability in North America - Nokia
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-01-2014 01:29 PM
    The thing that stings the most was the Nokia claim of everyone getting by the end of January...

oh really
    02-01-2014 04:04 PM
    Sigh... Not as of 5 minutes ago.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-06-2014 10:55 AM
    You are obviously not American. Please reference Availability in North America - Nokia

Oh I am American...I meant the other GDR updates. (I had an 8x before) If I recall GDR 1 and 2 came to tomobile before att, at least for 8x.
    02-06-2014 02:19 PM
    ok, so now even the uber-budget at&t 520 is getting the black update but not tmo's 925...? wow.

what day are we on now?
    02-06-2014 09:00 PM
    ok, so now even the uber-budget at&t 520 is getting the black update but not tmo's 925...? wow.

what day are we on now?
    I think 22. I gave up, nothing really to jump for joy about anyway. I know I won't be getting a Nokia again. Gonna wait for first MS branded phone post September.
    02-06-2014 09:13 PM
    22 days? how terrible!
    I see many have forgotten the ATT 920 Amber fiasco.
    Dont complain as much until TMo smashes that record. Or gets pretty darn close at least.
    02-06-2014 09:54 PM
    22 days? how terrible!
    I see many have forgotten the ATT 920 Amber fiasco.
    Dont complain as much until TMo smashes that record. Or gets pretty darn close at least.
    I have a right to complain, when I was getting my second replacement in ONE MONTH of owning the device, Tmobile said the update was coming soon. This device feels like a serious downgrade from my 8X. There's freezes, the screen gets "stuck" and then looks red and pixilated at least 1-2 times a day, and I had random reboots since day 1! Sometimes it won't give a battery warning and just go dead. I know its firmware, it has to be. My Fiances 810 has had these problems since day one as well.
    02-06-2014 10:59 PM
    My 925 is fine, you just have a lemon
    02-07-2014 08:18 AM
    My 925 is fine, you just have a lemon
    4. I have 4 lemons. 3 925's and a 810. I usually give a product 3 trials before I write them off and Nokia being purchased by MS is a restart in that cycle. I honestly have only returned ONE product before my two 925's EVER in my life.
    02-07-2014 08:25 PM
    I have had an 822, 8X, 920, 1020 and now a 925, never had a problem with any of them
    vitor.rf likes this.
    02-07-2014 11:27 PM
    I have had an 822, 8X, 920, 1020 and now a 925, never had a problem with any of them
    Good /, that doesn't change a person experience. I also have an 8X (daily driver) and a ATIV S(Secondary/Media) and they haven't given me problems. My HD7 never gave me an issue either. The point in trying to make is even with returns, all my Nokia phones literally have the same problem. When I got my 810 (for my fiance) I though she was going crazy because she always has issues with tech. She was telling my the screen was freezing up. Telling me random reboots daily and certain apps crashing out. She also told me about once a day a red pixealtion and across the locks screen and when you open, couldn't move tiles. Once I got my 925 I had all the issues. I also have a 920 but it just sits kb a media player so I'm not sure if it happens to that, but 3 brand new 925s have it. Off of that I'm assuming Nokia needs to do some work.
    02-08-2014 12:44 PM
    4. I have 4 lemons. 3 925's and a 810. I usually give a product 3 trials before I write them off and Nokia being purchased by MS is a restart in that cycle. I honestly have only returned ONE product before my two 925's EVER in my life.
    Sorry for you pain, Flagz. You mention that you've had four 925s and that your fiancee's 810 has the same problem so if I'm understanding you, it sounds like all the phones are having the same problem. Could it be something in the network? I have no idea how much the hardware is the same between the 810 and 925, and if there is some overlap, it could be the firmware, but I would assume you and your fiancee are in the same spot most of the time, using the same towers on the network. You mentioned that you used to have an 8X - I'm assuming that was fine and you used it in the same location? Four lemons seems like a lot, so I'm trying to think outside the box a bit and brainstorm other possibilities.

I'd say SIM card, but you and your fiancee obviously each have your own.

I'm hoping they'll release the update soon and you can try that.

Are you running the developer preview of GDR3? I've had my phone for about a week and installed it day one with no issues. Doesn't seem like it'd be an OS issue or others would be having the same problems.
    02-10-2014 02:24 PM
    Sorry for you pain, Flagz. You mention that you've had four 925s and that your fiancee's 810 has the same problem so if I'm understanding you, it sounds like all the phones are having the same problem. Could it be something in the network? I have no idea how much the hardware is the same between the 810 and 925, and if there is some overlap, it could be the firmware, but I would assume you and your fiancee are in the same spot most of the time, using the same towers on the network. You mentioned that you used to have an 8X - I'm assuming that was fine and you used it in the same location? Four lemons seems like a lot, so I'm trying to think outside the box a bit and brainstorm other possibilities.

I'd say SIM card, but you and your fiancee obviously each have your own.

I'm hoping they'll release the update soon and you can try that.

Are you running the developer preview of GDR3? I've had my phone for about a week and installed it day one with no issues. Doesn't seem like it'd be an OS issue or others would be having the same problems.
    Three 925's (two replacements and original) learned that its hardware. I took a screen capture of the red pixelation/unresponsiveness and it showed nothing );
    02-10-2014 05:12 PM
    I agree, same here, using my 3rd 925, never returned a product before. Some people here don't understand about quality of manufacturing. You may not have a single problem at all with your phone. it's the ratio of the lemons/total that defines the quality. and they take the attitude as if it's your fault that the phone you got went kaput. 3rd phone, jeez!. and I'm even contemplating about returning this one since it takes 30 mins to boot when charging from a fully drained battery using the wall charger, and on another thread here some guy lectures me to charge it before it's drained!
    02-10-2014 07:20 PM
    I agree, same here, using my 3rd 925, never returned a product before. Some people here don't understand about quality of manufacturing. You may not have a single problem at all with your phone. it's the ratio of the lemons/total that defines the quality. and they take the attitude as if it's your fault that the phone you got went kaput. 3rd phone, jeez!. and I'm even contemplating about returning this one since it takes 30 mins to boot when charging from a fully drained battery using the wall charger, and on another thread here some guy lectures me to charge it before it's drained!
    Well cant blame him for having a unique response. But its also an awful response. You shouldn't have to be scared for your battery to die, mine takes 10-15 minutes and I think that's long. I drain my battery alot (1-2 times a day) and by the second time im on my way home and it dies mid call! get home and it takes 15 minutes from time of windows button. I'm getting the impression in better off keeping my problems to myself, everyone here seems to be a Nokia Fanboy. I'm waiting till after Microsoft / Nokia buyout, maybe I'll finally be in peace.
    02-10-2014 07:34 PM
    Someone on Reddit has claimed his cousin has the Black update on Tmobile, not sure if its real or not
    02-10-2014 07:59 PM
111 1234 ...