TMobile push Lumia Black yet?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
22 days? how terrible!
I see many have forgotten the ATT 920 Amber fiasco.
Dont complain as much until TMo smashes that record. Or gets pretty darn close at least.
I have a right to complain, when I was getting my second replacement in ONE MONTH of owning the device, Tmobile said the update was coming soon. This device feels like a serious downgrade from my 8X. There's freezes, the screen gets "stuck" and then looks red and pixilated at least 1-2 times a day, and I had random reboots since day 1! Sometimes it won't give a battery warning and just go dead. I know its firmware, it has to be. My Fiances 810 has had these problems since day one as well.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My 925 is fine, you just have a lemon
4. I have 4 lemons. 3 925's and a 810. I usually give a product 3 trials before I write them off and Nokia being purchased by MS is a restart in that cycle. I honestly have only returned ONE product before my two 925's EVER in my life.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have had an 822, 8X, 920, 1020 and now a 925, never had a problem with any of them
Good /, that doesn't change a person experience. I also have an 8X (daily driver) and a ATIV S(Secondary/Media) and they haven't given me problems. My HD7 never gave me an issue either. The point in trying to make is even with returns, all my Nokia phones literally have the same problem. When I got my 810 (for my fiance) I though she was going crazy because she always has issues with tech. She was telling my the screen was freezing up. Telling me random reboots daily and certain apps crashing out. She also told me about once a day a red pixealtion and across the locks screen and when you open, couldn't move tiles. Once I got my 925 I had all the issues. I also have a 920 but it just sits kb a media player so I'm not sure if it happens to that, but 3 brand new 925s have it. Off of that I'm assuming Nokia needs to do some work.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
4. I have 4 lemons. 3 925's and a 810. I usually give a product 3 trials before I write them off and Nokia being purchased by MS is a restart in that cycle. I honestly have only returned ONE product before my two 925's EVER in my life.

Sorry for you pain, Flagz. You mention that you've had four 925s and that your fiancee's 810 has the same problem so if I'm understanding you, it sounds like all the phones are having the same problem. Could it be something in the network? I have no idea how much the hardware is the same between the 810 and 925, and if there is some overlap, it could be the firmware, but I would assume you and your fiancee are in the same spot most of the time, using the same towers on the network. You mentioned that you used to have an 8X - I'm assuming that was fine and you used it in the same location? Four lemons seems like a lot, so I'm trying to think outside the box a bit and brainstorm other possibilities.

I'd say SIM card, but you and your fiancee obviously each have your own.

I'm hoping they'll release the update soon and you can try that.

Are you running the developer preview of GDR3? I've had my phone for about a week and installed it day one with no issues. Doesn't seem like it'd be an OS issue or others would be having the same problems.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for you pain, Flagz. You mention that you've had four 925s and that your fiancee's 810 has the same problem so if I'm understanding you, it sounds like all the phones are having the same problem. Could it be something in the network? I have no idea how much the hardware is the same between the 810 and 925, and if there is some overlap, it could be the firmware, but I would assume you and your fiancee are in the same spot most of the time, using the same towers on the network. You mentioned that you used to have an 8X - I'm assuming that was fine and you used it in the same location? Four lemons seems like a lot, so I'm trying to think outside the box a bit and brainstorm other possibilities.

I'd say SIM card, but you and your fiancee obviously each have your own.

I'm hoping they'll release the update soon and you can try that.

Are you running the developer preview of GDR3? I've had my phone for about a week and installed it day one with no issues. Doesn't seem like it'd be an OS issue or others would be having the same problems.

Three 925's (two replacements and original) learned that its hardware. I took a screen capture of the red pixelation/unresponsiveness and it showed nothing );

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

I agree, same here, using my 3rd 925, never returned a product before. Some people here don't understand about quality of manufacturing. You may not have a single problem at all with your phone. it's the ratio of the lemons/total that defines the quality. and they take the attitude as if it's your fault that the phone you got went kaput. 3rd phone, jeez!. and I'm even contemplating about returning this one since it takes 30 mins to boot when charging from a fully drained battery using the wall charger, and on another thread here some guy lectures me to charge it before it's drained!

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree, same here, using my 3rd 925, never returned a product before. Some people here don't understand about quality of manufacturing. You may not have a single problem at all with your phone. it's the ratio of the lemons/total that defines the quality. and they take the attitude as if it's your fault that the phone you got went kaput. 3rd phone, jeez!. and I'm even contemplating about returning this one since it takes 30 mins to boot when charging from a fully drained battery using the wall charger, and on another thread here some guy lectures me to charge it before it's drained!

Well cant blame him for having a unique response. But its also an awful response. You shouldn't have to be scared for your battery to die, mine takes 10-15 minutes and I think that's long. I drain my battery alot (1-2 times a day) and by the second time im on my way home and it dies mid call! get home and it takes 15 minutes from time of windows button. I'm getting the impression in better off keeping my problems to myself, everyone here seems to be a Nokia ******. I'm waiting till after Microsoft / Nokia buyout, maybe I'll finally be in peace.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Someone on Reddit has claimed his cousin has the Black update on Tmobile, not sure if its real or not

They may have an AT&T branded 925, using it on tmobile... Then it would have gotten the Black update push. T-Mobiles official stance is that it's still in testing. Nokias own "readiness" page still shows that its awaiting verification. There isn't MUCH in Black that is heavily improved upon that the GDR3 preview doesn't bring to the table.

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Normal T-Mobile canned response.

Nokia has announced the Lumia Black update for its North American mobile lineup. T-Mobile is partnering with Nokia to meet our rigorous and meticulous testing process for approval. T-Mobile is always looking to provide uncompromising industry leading standards for customer service and support. We apologize for any inconvenience leading up to the release of the Lumia Black update for T-Mobile but are confident that when it is made available for the Lumia 521 and 925, it will meet the expectations you depend on us to provide. No updates for the Lumia 810 are scheduled at this time. You can always check out Software version: Nokia Lumia 925 / Software version: Nokia Lumia 521 / Software version: Nokia Lumia 810 for information on the latest available updates. -Drew

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Still disappointed. Oh well. Mine as well wait another month and half for WP8.1 and hope a new phone is pushed by then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte