TMobile push Lumia Black yet?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Ambitious enough, the t-mobile Lumia 925 Black update is available using the Nokia Software Updater (Nokia Retail Care Suite). Currently not "pushed", but appears to be imminent.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
The 822 did not have Wi-Fi calling to test out, nor does it have a few other key T-Mo features that need to be tested... That said, everyone is getting so worked up over Black, when in all honesty, looking through the forums, the AT&T users are ******** about losing some key functions. I'm more for letting my perfect 925 continue on Amber until Black is good enough to replace it...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/258236-black-has-inhibited-peek.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-filter-does-not-work-after-black-update.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...lack-update.html?highlight=nokia+black+issues

I think that T-Mobile is just being extra careful not to push the update out with some glaring issues that will require them to push another before 8.1. That said, T-Mo usually requires 4-6 weeks for TA on most OS updates, so, I wonder what the issue might be on this one for them not to have run it out already?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I think that T-Mobile is just being extra careful not to push the update out with some glaring issues that will require them to push another before 8.1. That said, T-Mo usually requires 4-6 weeks for TA on most OS updates, so, I wonder what the issue might be on this one for them not to have run it out already?
I think you hit it right there. They botch the update, and people will use their "jump" to another device. I figure they must be losing at least a few $$ everytime someone does that. I require that wifi calling work at home (deadspot in town!, go figure I've got LTE not 5 minutes from my house), so for that to not work properly will be a problem. AT&T users are complaining about some things, and I'm wondering if t-mobile isn't listening to their complaints to make sure that they don't have the same problems. Get it "good enough", so that they can start putting their efforts on the 925 to 8.1 updates, instead of bug fixes like AT&T now has to do.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ambitious enough, the t-mobile Lumia 925 Black update is available using the Nokia Software Updater (Nokia Retail Care Suite). Currently not "pushed", but appears to be imminent.

Trying to download from Nokia Retail Suite and I keep getting a download error at 99%

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I think the waazzupppp above statement is just total BS.

This wasn't some SUPRISE update. Its not like nokia pulled a rabbit out the hat. They had PLENTY of notice this thing was coming.

If you were to make the arguement that WP just doesn't have the user base behind it that Tmobile isnt divernting alot of tech to it, THAT arguement I can understand. But that same argument is the reason Ive been hitting up their FB page. Making sure they are aware there ARE people that love the WP OS and are waiting on it. Can you image the ****storm that the FB page would have if Tmobile waited over a month to push a iOS update? (yes I know apple pushes the update itself, making a point here)

If there is not pressure on Tmobile to do it, we probably wont even get it, and theyll skip it and just hold out til the 8.1 update.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I keep bugging them on Facebook as well... I bug them about not having a variety of Windows Phone devices too. You'd think the "underdog" carrier would support the "underdog" OS but nooo. They just wanna keep pushing android on everyone!

alexloe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Normally updates are pushed first before they come to NCS.

But it's there. If you don't care about reinstalling your apps and loosing your data - you can update now.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Normal T-Mobile canned response.

Nokia has announced the Lumia Black update for its North American mobile lineup. T-Mobile is partnering with Nokia to meet our rigorous and meticulous testing process for approval. T-Mobile is always looking to provide uncompromising industry leading standards for customer service and support. We apologize for any inconvenience leading up to the release of the Lumia Black update for T-Mobile but are confident that when it is made available for the Lumia 521 and 925, it will meet the expectations you depend on us to provide. No updates for the Lumia 810 are scheduled at this time. You can always check out Software version: Nokia Lumia 925 / Software version: Nokia Lumia 521 / Software version: Nokia Lumia 810 for information on the latest available updates. -Drew

Normal T-Mobile BS. "We are working with Nokia and want to support our customers" == "No updates for you! Especially you troublesome Lumia 810 owners".

I am tempted to do what this person did and GTFO.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2mw9kkw.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99