Taking Pictures w/ 2 different Resolutions

nightryder21

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anybody else has noticed that my 925 has been taking photos at 8 MP but using 5 MP photos for everything else. This is the same behavior as the 1020. I only want to take and use 8 MP pictures. Anybody know where this setting is?

Here are some results when importing my pics taken with the Nokia Pro Camera App.

Windows Phone Metro App - Only imports 5mp photo not 8mp.

Windows 8 Photo App - Imports both 5mp and 8mp photos. Also imports any videos you have such as podcasts.

Windows Photo Gallery - Imports both 5mp and 8mp photos. Also imports any videos you have such as podcasts.

Skydrive Syncing - Only syncs the 5MP photo even on wifi.

So I guess I'm not using the Windows Phone Metro app or Skydrive to sync my photos anymore. Any way to force the Nokia Smart Camera App to only take full resolution photos?

Last edited:

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if anybody else has noticed that my 925 has been taking photos at 8 MP but using 5 MP photos for everything else. This is the same behavior as the 1020. I only want to take and use 8 MP pictures. Anybody know where this setting is?

It uses 5MP for thumbnails and for uploading to social sites. If you edit using Nokia Camera you'll see it's using the 8mp file, and if you export to a computer it should be the 8mp file.

Ontop of this remember that if you shoot in 16:9 you won't get your full 8MP.

Open your camera go to settings.

You should see Aspect Ratio and Capture Mode.

Aspect Ratio choose between 16:9 and 4:3

Capture should change to 8MP upon 4:3 selection.

For example on the 1020. 16:9 can produce a 5MP and a 34MP, 4:3 can produce a 5MP and a 38MP

nightryder21

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought but I since I am not using a huge sensor like the 1020 I would like to only have it take 8MP photos. Those are not too large in size compared to the 38 or 34 MP photos in the 1020. My problem is that the 5mp photos look like crap compared to the 8MP. Using apps on the phone and syncing using Skydrive or the Windows Phone Metro App does not use the high resolution photos. I have lost hundreds of my higher resolution photos because I though t it was syncing the high resolution photos.

Last edited:

nightryder21

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I figured that's what I was going to have to do. Kind of a pain though. I guess there is no way to turn off the 5MP photo saving? I may have to use the stock camera app for everyday shot and shots I want to take a little more though I'll use the Pro Camera App.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea