925 wifi calling issue

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
When I'm at home, I have no T-Mobile cellular signal so I use wifi calling. Problem is when I leave home, it never connects to t-mobile's network until I reboot the phone. Anyone else having this issue?

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My gf was using Wifi calling to call me when she was at home. I asked her and she said make sure when you leave home to turn WiFi calling off. Not sure it will help you but she had same issue before doing that.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Only t-mobile has WiFi calling so I don't think you can have this problem.

Only T-Mobile have wifi calling? Can someone confirm this..?

PS sorry for bumping an old thread but I was just going through some older topics to do some research on the L925 and came across this.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You know, it's not really that hard to find this information, just search in the store, there's a Viber app right there. I suggest Skype because it's integrated into the phone, much like iPhones talk.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
You know, it's not really that hard to find this information, just search in the store, there's a Viber app right there. I suggest Skype because it's integrated into the phone, much like iPhones talk.

I did believe it or not I been on these forums the last couple of weeks asking questions, browsing different sites and reading reviews and also looked at what apps are available for the windows phone but someone said on this thread that wifi calling is only available on T-Mobile so I wanted some confirmation if it is true or not?

Sent from Seattle

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
No as in it won't work on my L925 because of my At&t carrier or no as in the guy who said wifi calling is only exclusive to T-Mobile is wrong?

Sent from Seattle

The other poster is giving you extremely vague answers about this that are obviously not helping you. Yes, Wi-Fi calling as a feature unto itself is a T-Mobile thing. Actually, Sprint started adding it to phones as well last year from what I read, but it's only available in two of their phones. Also, a warning for you in case you haven't read through all the more recent 925 threads - Wi-Fi calling gets partly broken after updating to Windows Phone 8.1 via developer preview. It works for calling after the update, but not for texting. Hopefully, when we get the official 8.1 update or Cyan, it will be fixed.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
WiFi calling is a T-Mobile feature which allows you to make and receive calls and texts on your mobile number while connect to a WiFi network even if you have no cellular signal. It has nothing to do with apps like Skype, those will work on any device\carrier.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
WiFi calling is a T-Mobile feature which allows you to make and receive calls and texts on your mobile number while connect to a WiFi network even if you have no cellular signal. It has nothing to do with apps like Skype, those will work on any device\carrier.

Oh okay. Thx a lot for clarifying

Sent from Seattle

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Sure it does, you don't need a carrier specific plan to have wifi calling. You can use Skype for wifi calls on any provider.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Why i don't have T-Mobile and can use wifi to call anyone I wa t too.
No you can't. You need to use an app like Skype. The purpose of T-Mobile WiFi calling is to allow the phone to function the same on wifi as it does on cellular. Meaning you can make and receive calls and text exactly the same even if you have zero bars using the phones dialer... no need for third party apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos