When I'm at home, I have no T-Mobile cellular signal so I use wifi calling. Problem is when I leave home, it never connects to t-mobile's network until I reboot the phone. Anyone else having this issue?
    01-15-2014 04:30 PM
    Odd, I have a 928 on Verizon and haven't seen this even when traveling internationally. Presuming you've upgraded to Amber? Looks like Lumia Black is still pending approval for the 92x phones in the US: Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia
    Could be a fix buried in there
    01-15-2014 08:34 PM
    T-Mobile suggest this

No signal while Wi-Fi Calling is turned on: Nok... | T-Mobile Support

Are you set to Wifi Preferred already?

sound more like the problem post #6

Wifi calling issues | T-Mobile Support
    kurtd likes this.
    01-15-2014 08:42 PM
    Odd, I have a 928 on Verizon and haven't seen this even when traveling internationally. Presuming you've upgraded to Amber? Looks like Lumia Black is still pending approval for the 92x phones in the US: Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia
    Could be a fix buried in there
    Only t-mobile has WiFi calling so I don't think you can have this problem.
    01-15-2014 09:25 PM
    T-Mobile suggest this

No signal while Wi-Fi Calling is turned on: Nok... | T-Mobile Support

Are you set to Wifi Preferred already?

sound more like the problem post #6

Wifi calling issues | T-Mobile Support
    Going to try WiFi preferred. Was using Cellular preferred.
    01-15-2014 09:26 PM
    My gf was using Wifi calling to call me when she was at home. I asked her and she said make sure when you leave home to turn WiFi calling off. Not sure it will help you but she had same issue before doing that.
    01-15-2014 09:34 PM
    Only t-mobile has WiFi calling so I don't think you can have this problem.

Only T-Mobile have wifi calling? Can someone confirm this..?

PS sorry for bumping an old thread but I was just going through some older topics to do some research on the L925 and came across this.
    06-28-2014 11:27 PM
    Only T-Mobile have wifi calling? Can someone confirm this..?

PS sorry for bumping an old thread but I was just going through some older topics to do some research on the L925 and came across this.
    Full Skype integration, if that works for you.
    06-28-2014 11:31 PM
    Full Skype integration, if that works for you.

I don't skype..How about Viber and Magic Jack or other wifi calling..? Will it work for AT&T too or is wifi calling limited to just T-Mobile like the guy posted?
    06-29-2014 12:52 AM
    You know, it's not really that hard to find this information, just search in the store, there's a Viber app right there. I suggest Skype because it's integrated into the phone, much like iPhones talk.
    06-29-2014 09:24 AM
    You know, it's not really that hard to find this information, just search in the store, there's a Viber app right there. I suggest Skype because it's integrated into the phone, much like iPhones talk.
    I did believe it or not I been on these forums the last couple of weeks asking questions, browsing different sites and reading reviews and also looked at what apps are available for the windows phone but someone said on this thread that wifi calling is only available on T-Mobile so I wanted some confirmation if it is true or not?

Sent from Seattle
    06-29-2014 09:49 AM
    Dude, no, Skype and Viber are WiFi calling protocols, so the ultimate answer is no.
    06-29-2014 02:31 PM
    Dude, no, Skype and Viber are WiFi calling protocols, so the ultimate answer is no.
    No as in it won't work on my L925 because of my At&t carrier or no as in the guy who said wifi calling is only exclusive to T-Mobile is wrong?

Sent from Seattle
    06-29-2014 02:50 PM
    No as in it won't work on my L925 because of my At&t carrier or no as in the guy who said wifi calling is only exclusive to T-Mobile is wrong?

Sent from Seattle
    The other poster is giving you extremely vague answers about this that are obviously not helping you. Yes, Wi-Fi calling as a feature unto itself is a T-Mobile thing. Actually, Sprint started adding it to phones as well last year from what I read, but it's only available in two of their phones. Also, a warning for you in case you haven't read through all the more recent 925 threads - Wi-Fi calling gets partly broken after updating to Windows Phone 8.1 via developer preview. It works for calling after the update, but not for texting. Hopefully, when we get the official 8.1 update or Cyan, it will be fixed.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-29-2014 09:48 PM
    WiFi calling is a T-Mobile feature which allows you to make and receive calls and texts on your mobile number while connect to a WiFi network even if you have no cellular signal. It has nothing to do with apps like Skype, those will work on any device\carrier.
    06-29-2014 10:04 PM
    WiFi calling is a T-Mobile feature which allows you to make and receive calls and texts on your mobile number while connect to a WiFi network even if you have no cellular signal. It has nothing to do with apps like Skype, those will work on any device\carrier.
    Oh okay. Thx a lot for clarifying

Sent from Seattle
    06-29-2014 11:28 PM
    Sure it does, you don't need a carrier specific plan to have wifi calling. You can use Skype for wifi calls on any provider.
    06-30-2014 09:35 PM
    Sure it does, you don't need a carrier specific plan to have wifi calling. You can use Skype for wifi calls on any provider.
    I'm not sure why you don't understand what I wrote and I'm not sure how else to explain it too you. Maybe you should watch some videos. About Wi-Fi calling | T-Mobile Support
    06-30-2014 11:09 PM
    Why i don't have T-Mobile and can use wifi to call anyone I wa t too.
    06-30-2014 11:47 PM
    Why i don't have T-Mobile and can use wifi to call anyone I wa t too.
    No you can't. You need to use an app like Skype. The purpose of T-Mobile WiFi calling is to allow the phone to function the same on wifi as it does on cellular. Meaning you can make and receive calls and text exactly the same even if you have zero bars using the phones dialer... no need for third party apps.
    06-30-2014 11:51 PM
    You're not getting it. We're talking about the specific WI-FI CALLING feature from T-Mobile. Not apps that allow you to make/receive calls or texts over Wi-Fi. You're really confusing johnskrilla in the process, who's asking about it.
    kurtd likes this.
    07-01-2014 08:44 AM
    No, I get it, but it's really no different. Anyway, I think he's bright enough to understand what were saying. It's not quantum physics or anything. :)
    07-01-2014 12:06 PM
    No, I get it, but it's really no different. Anyway, I think he's bright enough to understand what were saying. It's not quantum physics or anything. :)
    It's a lot different.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    07-01-2014 12:30 PM
    It's a lot different.
    What am I missing? Please fill me in.
    07-02-2014 12:56 PM
    http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1680

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    metalchick719 likes this.
    07-02-2014 01:11 PM