Lumia Black update not available for Lumia 925

gerado44i

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Amber is running on my Lumia 925, however the update status reads "your phone is up to date".

The phone was bought in November without any subscription. According to Nokia's website, all the variants of 925 have received the Lumia Black update.

Has anyone got any clue? my telephone can't find any update available yet.

Vispen74

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Same here, Nokia web says "available" for Sweden in my case, but phone keeps telling me "up to date".

Skickat fr?n min PadFone 2 via Tapatalk

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Can we stop with these threads already? We need a moderator to sticky a thread with the Nokia page about the availability

Exactly, the roll out is happening in stages. Also gerado, your thread title is misleading as it implies that black is not available for all 925s, whereas many have received black already.

gerado44i

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Go here Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia and check its avalablility. hope i helped

dimikats88, thanks for bumping my thread up...the page I posted was leading to the one you posted and vice-versa.

Well that site was only its availability in Europe, you could be from elsewhere

xandros9, mia culpa, my location is Malm?-Sweden. I hope it makes sense why i added a link pointing to Europe. My public profile is also displaying my location. The page I linked to in the first post connects you even to the other regions. If you don't believe me and if you have some time, then you are welcome to check it: Black for Lumia925 has been released everywhere!

Same here, Nokia web says "available" for Sweden in my case, but phone keeps telling me "up to date".

Hej Vispen74, it seems that we are in the same boat. I bought mine without subscription from SIBA in Malm? in November last year. Could you check your firmware version and return with an update? (in case you don't know it, look in settings->system->about->more information, otherwise skip this comment) Well, I noticed something weird when I made an internet search upon the firmware version, 3047.0000.1326.2005 (the OS version is 8.0.10328.78). The firmware version no 3047.0000.1326.2005 belongs to Lumia 920!!! I didn't bother to check it before, but now I'm very puzzled… Does it mean that i bought a Lumia 925 with firmware intended for 920? Is my Lumia 925 always going to have a software version tweaked for Lumia 920? I am grateful for answers that are on topic or bring something positive to the thread!

Can we stop with these threads already? We need a moderator to sticky a thread with the Nokia page about the availability

Ultimateone, if you have something to add to the topic, then you are welcome to do it...if you just plan to increase your post count, than please do it somewhere else :devil: Many thanks for your understanding.
If you had read my post you would have seen that I posted a link to Nokia's page about the availability of the update. And my post was mentioning that my Lumia 925 cannot find the Black update although Nokia clearly states that the update is available for all Lumia 925 models (either country or carrier specific). Recently I discovered that my 925 has got a firmware version identified as belonging to Lumia 920. Actually this is the problem. It seems that my thread is quite legit, doesn't it? I would have never guessed that I bought a Lumia 925 with firmware intended for 920. I think it's common sense to think that way.

Exactly, the roll out is happening in stages.

Sonus, you are right, however it seems it is not that clear yet. The roll has been happening in stages and will continue that way. It means that the Black update is not rolled out in all markets and for all variants at the same time due to the fact that some of the country/carrier specific updates are still in need of some extra tweaking. Black update for Lumia925 was made available in Sweden a few days after the Chinese release. If you check the link from Nokia that shows the availability of the update in Europe, then you will notice discrepancies in the update status between the various countries (in Austria or Denmark if you want, the Black update has been released even for some specific 820 and 920; on the other hand, in Sweden no model below 925 has received a Black update yet!). As you already know, there are various models of Lumia that are going to receive the Black update (520, 620, 720, 820, 920, 925, 1020). Thus it's impossible for Nokia to release the black update for all models and all markets at the same time. However, when an update for a country model/carrier is released, then that phone will notify it within max 24h.

your thread title is misleading as it implies that black is not available for all 925s, whereas many have received black already.

I don't really see how the thread title can be misleading...it says "Lumia Black update not available for Lumia 925"...what was so unclear, do you think I was talking about Obama's Lumia? I think it is crystal clear that the title refers to MY OWN phone. If i am wrong, then i owe you a beer too :cool:

Vispen74

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hej Vispen74, it seems that we are in the same boat. I bought mine without subscription from SIBA in Malm? in November last year. Could you check your firmware version and return with an update? (in case you don't know it, look in settings->system->about->more information, otherwise skip this comment) Well, I noticed something weird when I made an internet search upon the firmware version, 3047.0000.1326.2005 (the OS version is 8.0.10328.78). The firmware version no 3047.0000.1326.2005 belongs to Lumia 920!!! I didn't bother to check it before, but now I'm very puzzled? Does it mean that i bought a Lumia 925 with firmware intended for 920? Is my Lumia 925 always going to have a software version tweaked for Lumia 920? I am grateful for answers that are on topic or bring something positive to the thread!

Hej!
Mine 925 is bought at Dustin.se, and I have the same firmware as you. I really Wonder What is going on... Lumia 920???

My friends Lumia 920 received the update two days ago.

Edit: I gave up and did the update with navifirm and nokia care...

Skickat fr?n min PadFone 2 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Karl Eriksen

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hei
I have Lumia 925 bought in Norway with firmware 3047.0000.1326.2005 and product code 059T2W4 and got no update with phone. But when I check with navifirm + the update came 2 days ago and I updated with NSU Retail 4.1.0 so the firmware is updated but the phone dont find it.
The new is 3051.40000.1345.1009 059T2W4 black phone

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion