I should, but I still don't have the Black update available on my Lumia 925

JohanMiles

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm from Sweden and I've had the lumia 925 for a while now. According to WPcentral and Nokia's availability-site (Scroll down to "Sweden"), the Black update should be available for my phone right now, but it's not!

I pressed the update button for 2 minutes ago since this thread was created and it still says my phone is updated. Worth mentioning is that I am registred as a developer, and I haven't tried to unbox that one opinion yet, but it just sounds too unrealistic to be true, or am I wrong? Anybody have a clue on what I could try out?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The updates roll out by the firmware region. If you bought your phone from you carrier, I would check with them if they've released the update. If you bought it unlocked, open market, it may be a region firmware that has not released Black/GDR3 yet.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm from Sweden and I've had the lumia 925 for a while now. According to WPcentral and Nokia's availability-site (Scroll down to "Sweden"), the Black update should be available for my phone right now, but it's not!

I pressed the update button for 2 minutes ago since this thread was created and it still says my phone is updated. Worth mentioning is that I am registred as a developer, and I haven't tried to unbox that one opinion yet, but it just sounds too unrealistic to be true, or am I wrong? Anybody have a clue on what I could try out?

Even after my Lumia 925 has been marked as "available" on Nokia site, I had to wait 4 days to have Black Update on my Lumia 925. Some people waited 7 days. Brazil here.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
On my spare 925 when I looked for the black update it said my phone was up to date so I reset it and then signed in and restored from a back up that I had made from my everyday 925 (which has black) and after it restored it had black update installed.

So my suggestion is if you know anyone who has the black update maybe you could use their account to restore your phone. Yes I know it will have all their details on it but you could always do another reset and restore your old settings.

I hope this makes sense to everyone.

Andreas

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What operator do you have?

I'm using Telia and is still on Amber. Hopefully it will reach my phone towards the weekend, then its two weeks since Nokia changed its status to available.

nosocks1

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm also still waiting for the black update with my swedish country variant L925 and telia as operator. I've seen on reddit and other nokia forums that many people have issues with this specific phone. In fact I have not seen a single one saying they have recieved the black update on a swedish 925.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
To update the software just go: Settings > phone update > "check for updates" - it should tell you if there is a firmware update or not.

JohanMiles

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies guys. How shocking if it's true that no swede with the 925 actually has recieved the Black Update. I've been waiting for more than two weeks now, so it really is about time I think. I'm having Tele2 as my operator ;)

Hi

I had the same problem : Nokia Black wouldn't come through.
Then I used the following app and bingo, there it was. Try it !

Lumia Updater | Store Applications+Jeux Windows Phone (France)

You will have to swith to the Swedish store once you're there, (the French store is the one in this link, that's because I live in France)

I hope this will solve your problem.

That's not really an application for updating the firmware it seems...

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Check your Proxy settings Goto

Settings > WiFi > Turn on your Wifi > press on the name of your network or what ever youve called it > make sure Proxy is "OFF", if its switched "ON", slide it too off, then press the Tick at the bottom to accept changes, then reboot the phone and now Check for updates.. it should be there :)

Good luck

Sundberg

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I am also one of the 925-owners-from-Sweden-wo-Black-Update ;-)
Using Telenor as operator. Was thinking about swapping to my wifes Telia-SIM, but from what I can tell no 925 has recieved the Black update. No matter what operator being used.

Tried NightOrchids suggestion (but my proxy was already off so I switched it off and on), Saved the settings and rebooted. Searched for updates, but no luck.
Also tried to turn on Flight mode and enable WIFI and searched for updates. No luck.

On Nokia Sveriges Facebook page there are lot of people in the same situation. One guy installed the update using Nokia Software Updater, but I had no success of using it on my PC.

capedonut

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine 925 in Norway , but the firmware number corresponds with a 920 from O2 Ireland, and it says: waiting for approval

stidblom

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Im from Sweden too, and have had the same issue. Had the opportunity to try out a couple of Lumia's. This is my find:

1. Lumia 925.1 purchased in back in September from Ingram Micro (enterprise phone), factory unlocked, unbranded. As of Friday I had not received an update for it so used Nokia Care Suite and updated myself. (Found the info from another thread here in the 925 forum).
2. Lumia 925.1 purchased form Elgiganten about a week ago. Had the Lumia Black update right out of the box!

In both cases I have tried SIM cards from Tele2 (my main carrier) and also Telenor. None of them triggered an update notification on the first, older 925.

I don't know if it helps you but it definitely seems as the carriers in Sweden are slow in pushing the updates..

nosocks1

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My 925 is updating now as well :) Wonder what took so long. I've now acquired the skill of searching a wp8 device for updates with closed eyes. Who knows when that might come in handy.

Edit: Doesn't seem to be the full update. After the update finnished I'm still on Amber. Nothing changed, except I get an error message when trying to search for updates again.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium