Just picked up a Lumia 925, I love the camera. My other phone is a nexus 5. Can anyone recommend any google plus apps from the store? Or google play music apps. Thanks guys.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk
    01-24-2014 01:22 AM
    Oh oh u made a big mistake man i bought a lumia 925 from t-mo and ive had problems with 4 handsets! Exchanged all but all have the same hardware issues. Either the speaker microphone stops working(no voice commands or speaker on calls) or the headphone jack broke and didnt recognize the headphones at all! My recommendation is to return it while you can. Its your choice but ive heard other people having these problems too! And tmo sends you a refurbished phone that is completely b.s! Had to return the new phone they sent me once cuz the back had scratches and was opened up! Not a good way to keep the customer happy nokia and tmobile!
    obakir likes this.
    01-24-2014 01:32 AM
    I have had 0 issues w/ my T-Mobile 925. On the google apps note, currently google does not support windows phone hence there no google services official apps. The only ones available are the chat apps
    Editguy1900 likes this.
    01-24-2014 01:35 AM
    Well haven't had any issues, calls works great. I don't know the tapatalk app on wp8 doesn't have notifications.

Sent from Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    01-24-2014 01:36 AM
    I have had 0 issues w/ my T-Mobile 925. On the google apps note, currently google does not support windows phone hence there no google services official apps. The only ones available are the chat apps

what do you mean chat apps? I noticed some available in the store, but they all off a browser.

Sent from Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    01-24-2014 01:38 AM
    You can try IM+ or JiTalk for using GTalk
    01-24-2014 01:47 AM
    Goorovester or Cloud Musik are decent Google Music apps
    01-24-2014 08:00 AM
    Using cloud muzik for my Google music. Decent.

Sent from my Moto X!
    01-24-2014 01:06 PM
    Using cloud muzik for my Google music. Decent.

Sent from my Moto X!
    Just tried this app, and it doesn't play the all access music 😞

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    01-24-2014 01:45 PM
    Just tried this app, and it doesn't play the all access music ��

Good to know. I do not have or use that. It plays my stored music fairly well. Do you pay monthly? X box music has something similar if you are not locked into google. Google is not playing nice in making their apps available to WP like they do for iOS.
    01-24-2014 06:14 PM
    Welcome to T-MO and WP8 L925. I have had zero problems with this phone, owned 6 months.Love the camera and display. best Nokia phone ive owned sofar.
    Editguy1900 likes this.
    01-24-2014 06:27 PM
    Good to know. I do not have or use that. It plays my stored music fairly well. Do you pay monthly? X box music has something similar if you are not locked into google. Google is not playing nice in making their apps available to WP like they do for iOS.
    Yeah, it doesn't work. Songs I have uploaded or bought from the play store, will play. The all access music, will not.

I have the service at 7.99, so far it's a few bucks less than spotify.

01-24-2014 06:40 PM
    Hi and welcome to WP. Enjoy your new L925, it is a good choice. I got mine at t-mobile also and I have never had a problem. As for Google the war with MSFT continues. It is so stupid both companies acting like children. I can't wait till it is over both parties are hurting their users and services because of this. There is only one app from Google in the app store, everything else is third party.
    01-25-2014 12:07 PM
    Hi and welcome to WP. Enjoy your new L925, it is a good choice. I got mine at t-mobile also and I have never had a problem. As for Google the war with MSFT continues. It is so stupid both companies acting like children. I can't wait till it is over both parties are hurting their users and services because of this. There is only one app from Google in the app store, everything else is third party.
    Notifications are handled differently on Windows phone, that is one thing I need to get used to. The tapatalk app, doesn't give me a notification.
    01-25-2014 05:02 PM
    Notifications are handled differently on Windows phone, that is one thing I need to get used to. The tapatalk app, doesn't give me a notification.
    Yes things are very different here at WP8. But on the next update things will change. When I first migrated here from iOS it was difficult for me to get around. But it has gotten alot easier to navigate. Stick around and continue to explore your Windows Phone soon you will see that it is all worth it.
    ovalfastlx likes this.
    01-25-2014 06:50 PM
    i have a nexus 5 and debating on a 925 as well. but i know new phones are being announce end of Feb...so i am not sure if it is worth putting down almost $250+ for a 925.

I have the 521 but the experience isn't the same. People say 521 is a good indicator of windows platform...it is but to me, i need more than that. I want more power, better and bigger screen, and better camera.
    01-28-2014 05:09 PM
    I'm on my 3rd lumia 925 now. First one just died with the boot manager saying a device couldn't be found. hard reset, soft reset, nothing worked. it just died. tmobile send a new one (paid $20 warranty fee). That one had faulty camera shutter button, it was getting stuck for no reason. It looked like refurbished one because there were two spots at the edges of the phone which looked like it had impact. I'm using the third one now. Last night the battery drained (from a full charged) by itself. And it took forever to charge enough to re-start it. Closed a couple of apps running in the background (linkedin+yelp+my account(tmobile)). pretty frustrating.
    01-29-2014 04:12 PM