Speech Recognition not working on Lumia 925

Nigel Weber

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand what, or why this has happened. I hold down the windows key, speech rec software appears but it doesn't recognise any sound...followed by "Sorry I couldn't hear that" or whatever the message is.

I tried Shazam, not luck either. Luckily it works when receiving phone calls/record video though.

Why is this happening, how do I fix it please?

I have the UK language pack installed and selected. Use speech recognition is also ticked.

p.s not sure if it's related, but might as well kill two birds with one stone; When listening to music, the music likes to just stop/pause. I think it's to do with the headphone jack being broken, as it seems to happen when the phone moves around in my pocket;bad connection between headphones and socket :S

Thanks,
Nigel

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you're able to make calls and people can hear you then this would indicate a software issue as you're using the same mic.

In which case the only option is a reset. You can try a soft first then a hard.

As for the connection issue with the headphones, try a different pair and see if you have the same issue.

pcuadros

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello, im from Spain, me have the same problem, the micro is not working with any software applications, recorder, assistant, etc. Only work with headphones with micro.
Please tellme what I can do.

Thanks and best regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo