Lumia 925: Bluetooth won?t connect to BMW bluetooth handsfree unless turned Off and then On again?!?

Peter Arvedlund

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, so I got my new Lumia 925 and am extremely happy with pretty much everything - especially the camera is great.
But all the joy and happiness is spoiled everytime I get into my car - which I do quite a lot in my job as sales.

I used to have a Nokia 800 and 900 with WP7.8 and they worked ?erfectly with bluetooth in my BMW 530 (E60 series).
If I let the cars bluetooth start up first and then turn on the phones bluetooth, it seems to Work fine. But normally you?d just leave bluetooth on and it should connect to the car everytime you go for a drive. But if the phones bluetooth is switched on BEFORE the cars bluetooth, then it will drop the connection as soon as I make a call. It seems to connect proberly, but the drops and completely disregards the phones bluetooth. Doesn?t happen with my WP 7.8 devices nor my iPhone 5 that I used to have before returning to my Lumia 925.
But I am starting to regret I sold my iPhone alone because if this bluetooth issue!!!

I have tried to reset the phone completely and NOT update anything on it from factory WP 8 settings. But seems to still be the same. Seems its an WP 8 issue.

Anyone experience similar? Anyone has a fix?

Thanks

Peter

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
My 920 and 1520 connect to my BMW without any issues. I don't have to switch on/off every time. Since you have already tried resetting the phone, can you try removing and re-pairing? Did you try the advanced option?

Peter Arvedlund

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Nope haven?t tried that. Will try it out and see if it helps. Thanks. But isn?t that just an option if you?re using speech recognition and/or text-to-speech?

/Peter

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
You are correct, that is just for speech recognition. But I suggested that because there are no other settings that can be changed to fix your issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa