10-27-2015 11:23 AM
35 12
tools
    Just 2 days ago my Lumia 925 phone slipped from my hand and the screen cracked. I am from India and the nokia care guy told me that touch panel and glass will be changed and it would cost me around 12000 rs. Although touch is working fine and only glass is cracked. I can't afford so much money now. If someone have any idea to get this fixed in low cost then please let me know. Thanks.
    02-01-2014 02:17 AM
    You could buy one and replace it on your own, just be aware that you will loose warranty, and you could destroy your phone
    Guytronic likes this.
    02-01-2014 04:28 AM
    Also to note that it's so expensive, since the outer glass, and the digitizer are molded into a single piece. You can't just replace the outer glass without replacing the more expensive (and in your case, still functional) digitizer panel.
    02-03-2014 06:59 AM
    Happened to me too unfortunately. The Lumia 925 is a WEAK phone so don't drop it! Luckily, my insurance covered this one for me but Nokia warranty doesn't (which is a shame in my opinion). Repairing yourself isn't going to be a very good idea because it costs you around €180 to buy the glass itself on ebay. I don't know how bad your phone looks but I'd guess it isn't worth the money to repair it.
    02-03-2014 03:05 PM
    a minor pet peeve of mine is how some people make blanket statements about a phone from just one data point.
    Someone's 928 was defective, they all are bad!
    925 broke from a drop? Its a WEAK phone!
    920 survived a car? Its the STRONGEST phone!
    920 breaks from a drop?
    How could Nokia cheat us!

It all varies so much you can't really do that. Well its true you shouldn't go around dropping things either way. That's a good policy.

Warranty by standard doesn't cover drops. it wasnt a manufacturing defect so they aren't obligated to cover it. it'd be nice, but probably not going to happen.

Not trying to say Nokia can go screw everyone, just my two cents.
    02-03-2014 03:15 PM
    Very costly solution. I don't know what to do. I am looking for a cheaper Lumia 925 whose screen is fine.
    02-04-2014 12:39 AM
    Happened to me too unfortunately. The Lumia 925 is a WEAK phone so don't drop it! Luckily, my insurance covered this one for me but Nokia warranty doesn't (which is a shame in my opinion). Repairing yourself isn't going to be a very good idea because it costs you around €180 to buy the glass itself on ebay. I don't know how bad your phone looks but I'd guess it isn't worth the money to repair it.
    Why would Nokia cover your broken phone because you broke it?

If you crashed your car would the car manufacturer pay for it? I don't think so.
    02-04-2014 05:23 PM
    I would have to disagree on that. I am a long time Nokia user and the Lumia 925 is by far the weakest phone i owned. Nokia phones always have been stronger than other models, but with the latest smartphone lines that's history. A lot of people (like you do) actually believe it's their own fault if a phone breaks and don't ask the question "why did the manufacturer sell me such a weak device that it can't resist normal drop distances (1-2 metres)"?

Remember, you have bought something that should be able to resist daily usage like falling from a couch or a table sometimes. But that's my opinion and unfortunately a lot of people disagree with me on this one and actually support smartphone manufacturers to keep building weaker and weaker devices...
    Jaggs likes this.
    02-07-2014 02:50 PM
    Guys i need your suggestion. Should i sell my 925 or should i wait and fix the screen.
    02-08-2014 04:16 AM
    I don't know how bad the screen cracks are? I would not have repaired mine if my insurance didn't cover it, because it was just one (large) scratch. I think you've got to make a decision for yourself; do I find the crack too annoying or could I live with it for a while? I personally would not repair it and just wait for a few months untill you can buy a new Lumia 925 for the price of a screen repairment.
    02-08-2014 05:18 AM
    You are right. Although cracks are annoying and i can't live normally if something happens to my mobile. But i will wait and go for new mobile.
    02-08-2014 05:42 AM
    i have a cracked screen as well and I am going to attempt to replace the glass. I ordered the glass and adhesive off of amazon. the phone is only 3 weeks old and i figured it is worth the $35 to at least attempt the repair. I have not been able to find any one who has successfully replaced the glass. I am hoping someone here has and can offer some words of encouragement.
    02-27-2014 09:36 AM
    So i have replaced my cracked screen. And now i am disappointed with the colors. Its not clear black. Its little purple. What should i do now?
    02-28-2014 12:00 AM
    I heard somewhere that 925's screen will crack easily, dunno why. :/
    I have dropped my 925 many times (with cover on).
    02-28-2014 12:03 AM
    What adhesive did you use? where did you get the glass? Did you remove the lcd assembly from the housing?
    03-04-2014 02:28 PM
    So i have replaced my cracked screen. And now i am disappointed with the colors. Its not clear black. Its little purple. What should i do now?
    Was it an OEM screen? Nokia Lumia 925 LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly
    03-04-2014 02:36 PM
    Hi AJ M,
    Have you been able to replace the glass, successfully?
    Is the phone working normally after that?
    I broke my glass too, I need your suggestion before attempting the repair.

Thanks
    03-10-2014 03:04 AM
    Have you replaced the glass only of your lumia 925 or complete assembly?
    03-10-2014 03:06 AM
    Hi AJ M,
    Have you been able to replace the glass, successfully?
    Is the phone working normally after that?
    I broke my glass too, I need your suggestion before attempting the repair.

Thanks
    I tried to replace the glass on Friday night. The LCD and digitizer are both very fragile and cracked. I would suggest you replace the entire glass/LCD. It is not extremely hard but not cheap. You will need to get the double sided adhesive that goes around the frame. Here is the assembly. I ended up buying a new nokia 925 from neweggglash.com for 249.99. Not sure if the deal is still valid.
    Nokia Lumia 925 LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly

Good Luck.
    03-10-2014 09:13 AM
    03-10-2014 09:16 AM
    Hi, may I know if your applications for example whatsapp, contact list, photos etc.. are affected or lose any data? As my LCD screen is having some bleeding issues and will be sending it for warranty soon. I have alot of information I need and wish to keep on my phone. Thanks in advance!
    04-23-2014 07:41 AM
    Go to this link to replace the glass only (glass costs only around $25. It is the same as a Samsung glass replacement. There ia an accompanying video as well. We should all get a rubber casing for this phone.

Nokia Lumia 925 Black Repair Lens Outer Glass Screen Replacement KIT | eBay
    05-03-2014 06:16 AM
    For future searchers, here is the video link from the auction which is for another phone but the eBay seller (not the video maker) says is the same procedure for the 925:

Guytronic likes this.
    05-03-2014 11:01 AM
    For future searchers, here is the video link from the auction which is for another phone but the eBay seller (not the video maker) says is the same procedure for the 925:
    Try this at your peril! The Lumia 925 glass also has a flexible circuit board attached. Of you follow this guide you will either crack the lcd or damage the fragile PCB.

Instead the whole assembly would be removed first so you can see what you are separating

Best regards
    Last edited by Guytronic; 09-16-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    09-16-2014 12:15 PM
    Replace the entire LCD assembly. Cheapest place to get the LCD assembly is eBay.Here is the link to a very reliable vendor:
    Nokia Lumia 925 LCD Display Touch Outer Glass Digitizer Screen Assembly US | eBay
    09-16-2014 12:32 PM
35 12