Creating Contact in US: State field missing

stipman

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
When creating a new contact in the people hub the STATE field is missing. Existing contacts have the STATE in COUNTY field. I am guessing that the people hub thinks its in a European region. I checked keyboard as well as region settings and both are English US.

How can I set the people hub to the US region?

Thanks in advance for any help!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried using Outlook.com under People to edit your contacts and then syncing? It might be easier doing that then trying to add them in the phone.

I'm in the UK and the 'county' option is there so I'm not sure why the 'state' would be missing. Seems like a rather large miss.

Try this as well.

If you go into People -> tap whatever contact -> edit (pencil at bottom) -> edit MS Account -> Other -> address

stipman

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. Normally I do input new contacts via outlook.com as its much easier and faster but I do use the people hub frequently when I meet people and exchange contact info. My wife has the same phone, same OS ver and her people hub displays State instead of County (as would be expected) so the issue is specific to my phone. It's not a big deal but I'm the type of person where this is going to annoy the heck out of me till I find the solution. I even tried setting the region to UK and restarting the phone then setting the region back to US and restarting the phone to no avail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett