Charging advice

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
When I got the phone I did a hard reset ns started fresh. I am charging with wireless. I will uninstall the battery app and see what tonight brings This morning it was 48%

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
When I got the phone I did a hard reset ns started fresh. I am charging with wireless. I will uninstall the battery app and see what tonight brings This morning it was 48%

Can you try it without using the wireless charger. I had a problem with one of my wireless covers and it caused my to have some battery issues. Just use the wall charger and charge it to full and then don't charge it again until it runs out and turns off then plug it back in again and don't use it until it is full. Just make sure you use the wall charger if possible. A new phone needs a good few charges to get up to full capacity.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm sure that you know that most phones will take a lot longer to loose the first % after a full charge so not sure if you did read my post but I never said I was getting 12 hours per 1%

I said that I was loosing 1-1.5% per hour if the phone is left on standby with just the apps running in the background, 3g, WiFi and NFC but I forgot to mention that I also have glance on peek. I also said that the most I have lost is 19% per hour when on a photo heavy website and that was when I was testing my 925 against my Xperia Z1 which lost 16% per hour on the same test.

I don't play games on my phone or at all in fact so I can't say how much it would use in that respect.

I suggest you get rid of your battery apps if you have them and also if you could read what people have written before leaving stupid comments it would be helpful.

Ok, I was trying to take your overly extreme exaggeration with a pretty light heart and crack some jokes...so lets simmer down a bit....
But you say I "didn't read your post".......I'm wondering if you read your post.

If it is doing that just over night then there is something wrong with it because if I charge mine and plug it out at say 10pm and just leave it it would be the next afternoon by the time it would drop to 99%

You are saying it takes 14+ hours to drop 1% because "most phones will take a lot longer to loose the first % after a full charge"...and then call ME out for not reading? :winktongue:

Other than that...good helping out! :cool:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I was trying to take your overly extreme exaggeration with a pretty light heart and crack some jokes...so lets simmer down a bit....
But you say I "didn't read your post".......I'm wondering if you read your post.

You are saying it takes 14+ hours to drop 1% because "most phones will take a lot longer to loose the first % after a full charge"...and then call ME out for not reading? :winktongue:

Other than that...good helping out! :cool:

Yes you read it right, if I do what the op said and turn everything off then it takes that long to loose the first 1%

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
hi, i don't know much about the technical stuff about the batteries in phone but the nokia website says you should use a ac 50 charger for your 925

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Full charge at 1030PM 78% at 5AM charged from the wall and no battery app

Okay so it is getting a little better. How many charges has your phone had? The reason I ask is because a new battery takes a good few charges to get to max capacity. Over the next few days let it run down to 20% or less each time before you charge it back to 100%

I also forgot to ask what your signal is like and if your on 3g or 4g because a bad signal can eat a battery and for future reference if you have apps running in the background in future it is best to leave WiFi on when the phone is asleep.

Forgot to ask if you let your phone run out completely before you charged it. If not then do that when it is convenient if possible.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
So I just charge my L920 to ~77% and use it to ~40% (charging it once every day), how does it fare?

If your asking if that is the right thing to do then yes I believe that is what a lot people in the know do but after the first few weeks of a new phone but it is also good to let it run out every now and then before charging it to 100%

I'm no expert on batteries so I am just saying what works for me, what I do is let it get down to 20% or less and then charge to full. Again I could be wrong, after all I keep my laptop battery in my fridge but that's another matter.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
If your asking if that is the right thing to do then yes I believe that is what a lot people in the know do but after the first few weeks of a new phone but it is also good to let it run out every now and then before charging it to 100%

I'm no expert on batteries so I am just saying what works for me, what I do is let it get down to 20% or less and then charge to full. Again I could be wrong, after all I keep my laptop battery in my fridge but that's another matter.

I do charge it to 100% once in a while though

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is sending me another phone It will be here today I will first fully charge then install Black then wait for 3 complete charge cycles before I install my apps

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
So I just charge my L920 to ~77% and use it to ~40% (charging it once every day), how does it fare?
I have to ask: how do you limit the charge to ~77%? My phones charge 'till they hit 100% and I don't know of an option to automatically stop at some point. If you just watch the charge and manually stop at ~77% I guess I'm out of luck because I don't use it enough to be likely to see when it gets in that area.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Can you send a link to that article

What article?

I have to ask: how do you limit the charge to ~77%? My phones charge 'till they hit 100% and I don't know of an option to automatically stop at some point. If you just watch the charge and manually stop at ~77% I guess I'm out of luck because I don't use it enough to be likely to see when it gets in that area.

I took that to mean she was just using rough numbers. I too questioned the specifics of 77 vs. a number like 75 but you can't get hung up on numbers people throw out on the internet, haha.

Using ~35-40% through a day though is pretty spectacular. Since you have to figure the phone would only be on the charger for less than 2 hours so you'd be looking at 22+ hrs of run time.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I received a 925 yesterday and so far so good. I charged it updated it and transferred all of my apps. After the heavy lifting the battery was not down too much. I topped it off and went to bed and after about 12 hours it was down 8% or .9% per hr. I hope this continues and that your replacement will do the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss