Charging advice

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I have to ask: how do you limit the charge to ~77%? My phones charge 'till they hit 100% and I don't know of an option to automatically stop at some point. If you just watch the charge and manually stop at ~77% I guess I'm out of luck because I don't use it enough to be likely to see when it gets in that area.

LOL I just remove it from the charger when it reaches about 77%

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
What article?

I took that to mean she was just using rough numbers. I too questioned the specifics of 77 vs. a number like 75 but you can't get hung up on numbers people throw out on the internet, haha.

Using ~35-40% through a day though is pretty spectacular. Since you have to figure the phone would only be on the charger for less than 2 hours so you'd be looking at 22+ hrs of run time.

I say 77 cuz in most cases I just take the phone off the charger between 75-80%. I can get that mostly because I don't play games.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
LOL I just remove it from the charger when it reaches about 77%
I never understood why users try to micromanage charging. Phones have a built in system for that. I set my phone on the charger when I go to bed, and I take it off when I get up. That's how I manage charging!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I never understood why users try to micromanage charging. Phones have a built in system for that. I set my phone on the charger when I go to bed, and I take it off when I get up. That's how I manage charging!
I'm looking for an app that will play a clapping sound when my battery reaches a selectable percent. Then I could just plug my charger into "The Clapper": Amazon.com: The Clapper Sound Activated On/Off Switch, 1 Each: Health & Personal Care

On a related note, I am looking for investment capital to produce and sell "The Whistler". Basically, it is a device that makes a clapping sound when it hears a whistle so that people with one hand can use The Clapper.

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
With the new phone with everything turned off and all apps blocked I am going from 100% to 20% in 14 hours and the phone is idle the entire time except for the 5AM alarm

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
With the new phone with everything turned off and all apps blocked I am going from 100% to 20% in 14 hours and the phone is idle the entire time except for the 5AM alarm

Have you put all the apps that were on your other phones on it, did you restore it from the backup of your other phones? Something is not right there and this is your 3rd phone yes.

What email sync have you. If your syncing Gmail you are probably better to not sync it and just forward it to your outlook.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
my sync is pop3 my email is iserv.net

I think your problem is with the pop3, I remember seeing a post about someone having trouble with their battery and as soon as they deleted the account the battery problems stopped.

Can you not have an outlook email and just forward your email to it, you will still get you mail instantly even if you have your outlook set to 1 hour sync. Even if you just try it for a few days.

hallfleming

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a used 925. My first W8 phone. I can't last a work day on a charge. I've tried 5 straight days of killing the battery completely, charging to 100% and removing it from the charger. No improvements. My wife's newly used 1020 I bought a day before mine has 3 times the battery life. I know she doesn't use it as much as mine but it's battery seems much better. Any good methods on benchmarking the current battery?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My last charge was 20 hours ago and I have 17% left is that good or bad?

Well it depends on how much you used it really. If it was just on idle for that length of time then no it is not right but we need more information on what settings you have on your phone, not just what you have blocked in the background and so on. What apps have you on the phone other than the ones that were on it from factory, 3g or 4g, brightness.

It can save a lot of time if you put everything into one post, the more detail the better.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a used 925. My first W8 phone. I can't last a work day on a charge. I've tried 5 straight days of killing the battery completely, charging to 100% and removing it from the charger. No improvements. My wife's newly used 1020 I bought a day before mine has 3 times the battery life. I know she doesn't use it as much as mine but it's battery seems much better. Any good methods on benchmarking the current battery?

Check that the settings are the same on both phones and try it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My last charge was 20 hours ago and I have 17% left is that good or bad?

As Will6371 said, the time since the last charge makes little difference. It depends on how much you use it. The single biggest drain is probably the screen. What was the screen on time? A weak signal will also kill the battery.

distilledoreo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've also been getting pretty terrible battery life, going from 80% to 25% in 13 hours. 12.5 of those hours the screen has been off. Glance is turned off, I have Wi-Fi calling on T-Mobile so it shows "full bars" for cell reception, tap to wake is turned off, Xbox Live is turned off, e-mail set to manual sync, all background tasks disabled... I've had this phone for five days and the battery life does not seem to be getting better. My Lumia 521 had almost four times the battery life of my new 925. I'm hoping now that I turned off tap+send my battery life will improve.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720