Still No Black update for Lumia 925 on T-Mobile

AwgreeRose

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I wanna know why the Lumia 925 still hasn't gotten the black software update for T-Mobile.
I know they forgot about the Lumia 810, but did they forget about the 925 also? I went to the nokia software support page and it says the update is still waiting for approval.
How long is T-Mobile going to take to bring the software to their 925 users?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
When I talked to their support team last week, they were still "testing" the software. I've installed the GDR3 preview, and it works beautifully. There is some nice features in Black, but the bulk of the nice new features are part of GDR3.
There are already several posts about t-mobile not having pushed the Black update. When it starts getting pushed, you can rest assured that this and other forums are going to light up with posts about it. Sit back, relax, we'll get it eventually. We will also get 8.1 and whatever color Nokia goes with next.

I suspect that the wifi calling feature slows things down for testing purposes.

distilledoreo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The black update is actually now available to flash from the NCS (Nokia Care Suite). It must be any day that it will be pushed to the public...

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The black update is actually now available to flash from the NCS (Nokia Care Suite). It must be any day that it will be pushed to the public...

Presence in Nokia Software Updater (and NCS) Confirmed. Downloading. Will update post once installed.
edit: I wonder which will be faster. Downloading the update in the NSU at work, or waiting for the OTA update??? Gonna let this download all night :)

Last edited:

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Presence in Nokia Software Updater (and NCS) Confirmed. Downloading. Will update post once installed.
edit: I wonder which will be faster. Downloading the update in the NSU at work, or waiting for the OTA update??? Gonna let this download all night :)

Well, T-Mobile 925 with GDR3 + Black installed just fine. It was a 1.43GB download!. The Nokia Software Updater completely wipes the phone out, so if you're prepared to start over from scratch (it will restore your settings and reinstall your games/apps afterwards if you want), it appears to be working just fine. I will know tonight if this broke the wifi calling feature or anything else that's critical.
If you're not in a position to start over with everything, I would guess that the official OTA isn't far behind.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, T-Mobile 925 with GDR3 + Black installed just fine. It was a 1.43GB download!. The Nokia Software Updater completely wipes the phone out, so if you're prepared to start over from scratch (it will restore your settings and reinstall your games/apps afterwards if you want), it appears to be working just fine. I will know tonight if this broke the wifi calling feature or anything else that's critical.
If you're not in a position to start over with everything, I would guess that the official OTA isn't far behind.

I tried downloading it this way but mine kept getting a download error at 99%

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried downloading it this way but mine kept getting a download error at 99%
I would just try again :-/ I started my download around 2pm yesterday, left work at 4 with it about 25% (slow internet here). I came back in this morning at 7, and was greeted with a message that it could not complete because the connection to my device was terminated (well, it was, since I took it home with me). Plugged it back in, and about 15 minutes later had gdr3 and Black installed. It's been restoring my apps and games since then (again, slow internet). But I have had no issues, made/received phone calls, etc. Glance has the notifications on it now. Otherwise, I have not noticed much different from the GDR3 preview+Amber.

Are you trying to use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, or the officially available Nokia Software Updater for Retail (they both appear to be the same, with the later cleaned up a little bit for "consumers" to use)?

tthaz777

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Is this new firmware version of T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 925?

Attachments

• Nokia Lumia 925.JPG
    Nokia Lumia 925.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 4
  • T-Mobile.JPG
    T-Mobile.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 3

epialos

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
but what about wifi calling though? is it working with this version of the update? previous people who updated said it does not. wifi calling is a must feature for me where i live.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium