Restoring data after reset - after entering internet settings

mrtubs

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I recently had a problem with my nokia lumia 920 and it has been returned to me, wiped of data as expected. The problem I have is that the phone has been unlocked from the original network as I changed networks. The phone has been returned unlocked and I can access phone calls with my new network ok. But, to receive data I have to change a couple of settings (internet apm).

When you first turn on the phone you get the opportunity to enter your windows ID and everything (apps, photos, contacts, setting etc) is synched. However I cannot do this at this stage as I cannot enter the new internet apm or sign on to wifi. If I skip this stage I can then set up for internet, but cannot figure out a way to get back to the screen where I can sign onto windows and restore.

Is it possible to get back to that screen once you have started?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Since this is the forum for the 925, not your 920, I am going to ask if your phone has GDR3 available yet? Even if you get the developer preview, you can make it work.
This has been a thorn in WP8's side from the beginning. You either have to restore from cellular, or not restore at all. GDR3 allows you to setup wifi before going into the restore portion.
What I would do, is get the GDR3 preview, then reset your phone again, use the wifi to restore. Otherwise, you'll have to skip your restore :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss