Red light at the top of my 925

ubi sunt

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have Lumia 925 for about a week now. I have a screen protector film on it. I was playing with it from its top right corner and I noticed that the red light on the top right corner is on. It is not blinking or anything it is just always on when i have the screen locked, and it is clearly visible. When I unlock the screen it turns off. I know it is the proximity sensor, but can anybody tell me why it is always on? Is that normal and what can I do about it?

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine does the same thing, I'm pretty sure it's normal.

I'm not sure what it's used for, but I noticed that the red light is brighter when the glance screen is turned on or on peek mode. Guessing it's somewhat related to that :)

ubi sunt

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh... ok.. I thought maybe there was something wrong with its having a screen protector film on it. But there's nothing to worry about then... Strange thing is, I havent noticed that light till now...
Thanks for your replies...

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
There is also an audio setting to ring louder when in purse/pocket. That also uses the proximity sensor. So if you see it on even with peek disabled, it could be that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss