Why I hate Lumia 925

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Drain entire battery , let it die completely , then put it on charge and don't use phone till it reaches 100%. Then observe the battery life. Maybe you sync mails too often (change it to update every 1 hour or so) ,or maybe you have location services on and you travel to several places in single day...

If you are out and you really need some battery then you can turn the battery saver to be always on , this way you don't really get any drop.

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Location is off by default I only turn it on when I need to use waze and that is once or twice a week. My hotmail account is set to sync hourly and my Gmail account every two hours.
I'm going to try what you suggest about draining my battery, thanks for the advice.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If you use the phone to talk 30-60 minutes, check email, listen to streaming music 30 minutes, play an occassional game, you should have no issues getting thru the day. Now if you play games for an hour, watch netflix, use Here Maps regularly, etc, you WILL have to recharge, no question.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
main reason i hate my lumia is the "Mura effect " on the screen, the battery is rubbish as well, i can't use twitter for 10mins without losing 10-20% of the battery now that is ridiculous.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well my friends this is a major problem for our L925's and totally true...I have the phone for about a month and the battery lasts around 11 hours a day with ''moderate ''usage which is based on the following: glance screen off,location off, all background apps except viber and weather off, touch sensitivity normal, theme is dark, wifi/celllular on all day!
Usage: 1:20 hours of talktime (tops), 20 -30 messages per hour through fb Chat (have to keep in touch with my girlfriend ) on the integrated Messenger and about an hour of Web browsing! Actually this is light usage in my opinion but i call it moderate now because I want to be as kind as possible to my beloved Lumia...
It's not the apps, it's poor battery management from the OS...My previous phone, an htc one s, could get 3 hours of usage more than my L925 with the same settings and with a dual core 1.7 ghz cpu and a battery of 1600 mah! It was also a lot faster! A LOT! I think that the only thing that our phone lacks is battery power and that's not only my opinion but almost anyone's who have used another flagship phone except Windows phones (like iPhones and android devices).
I don't understand how some people can get a day (which is 24 hours not from morning to bed,just wanted to clarify that) out of that battery... You must either don't use your phone
I have also run the wp bench app and on the battery test my phone lasted 3 hours and 11 minutes before turning off...And guess what, that was one of the Top scores for the lumia 925! Most people dont even get to 3 hours!
Last night i went to watch a football game (90 minutes) and in the begining of the match I had 49%...Guess what happened after 20 minutes of usage (showing off the phone to my friends to be precise)...Yeap! You guessed it! BATERRY DIED LIKE IT WAS ON 10 %!
This is not a flagship and shouldn't be sold at this High price, I won't pay again so much Money just to have something beautiful!
And YES I do close the apps i use after i stop using them...
I have spoken with a Nokia guy and he told me that this battery life is normal...
Well this is not normal and it's one of the reasons I'm selling this phone to get something else if the wp8.1 update doesn't fix the battery life!
I love my 925 but it just dies on me when I need it...Which sucks!

Chris

If you've only owned the phone for a month, it's pretty normal that your battery life is sub-par. When I first got my 920, it would go around 18 hours or less at first. Then it started telling me I would have a total of 9-10 hours of battery life by around the one month mark. Yes, it was frustrating, but the battery got much better shortly after. You just have to give it a chance to calibrate. You should see an improvement after a couple more months.

SeannyFunco

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Check your Account Sync status for your e-mail accounts under Settings-> Email+Accounts. When my wife's 1020 got GDR3+Black from AT&T the update changed the mail sync settings from 3 days to All Messages. Since she has thousands of messages archived in her Gmail, this caused the account sync to never stop and her battery life was awful. We couldn't figure out what the problem was until one day I noticed under the Email+Accounts Screen that her Gmail account was constantly grayed out because it was syncing. Once we switched it back to 3 days all was fine. I mention this as it was something even Nokia Care didn't think to suggest to check and had I not stumbled upon it accidentally, we'd probably still have the same type of battery life that you are currently getting.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
nokia trialled me a 925 , great phone , great build , good camera , I really liked it the only thing letting it down was the 16gb memory which was a massive over look and completely ruined a great phone

if people cant use twitter without loosing 10/20% battery so soon I would be trying a reset etc then looking at a faulty battery problem because that behaviour just isn't right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb