Why I hate Lumia 925

Status
Not open for further replies.

somanialok

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been using L925 since september . The battery performance of the phone is the worst i have ever seen. Even in standby mode (no net, no music, no wifi on, no glance screen), the battery drain is 5 to 6% per hour. It needs atleast a 40% battery if u want your phone to stay with you overnight that also without use. and sometimes drains more than 50% an hour. Once you reboot the device, your 10% battery is gone. That not all, the heating is the another major problem. The phone will become hot even if you are using 3G/H+.

Not at all worth buying.:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the battery life is crap, make sure you close apps when you stop using them.
I have average discharging rate 6,23% per hour, and I have wifi, 3G, bluetooth, location, glance, tap to unlock on. And I even play music trough bluetooth.

It does get hot, and it does drain 50% but only when playing games.
I suggest getting an external battery pack, I have Anker slim 3 6000mAh and it's great (and not all that expensive). It will fully charge your lumia twice and about 40% third time on one charge.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the 925 has a great battery life, with moderate to heavy use on LTE/WiFi it easily lasts 1 to 1? days. I would suggest to track the apps or your usage pattern, even with music streaming on, it should last atleast 15-20 hours

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My 925 has better battery life than my 1020 and 920 did, only lose about 3.5% an hour. The people with bad battery life usually dont have their settings set correctly.

farhanmariz

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I can go about 1 - 1.5 days before I need to charge. And this is with Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, weather and other apps running in the background. I'd suggest you to perform a hard reset and try to figure out which app is causing the drain problem by elimination.

I have the heating problem too but only when I use 3G/LTE extensively or am playing games.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think battery life can be good or bad on ANY device. I have a 920 and it's given me incredible battery life 98% of the time. You do really have to be on top of what you allow to run in the background and such. I'm hoping my 925 will emulate the same pattern my 920 has shown.

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a lumia 925 and no problems with the battery. Try going to settings>applications>background tasks.
There you can see every app which is open, maybe you don't want to have an app that you open sometimes. You can choose also, if the next time you open the app it keeps in background or not.
Hope it helps you

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been using L925 since september . The battery performance of the phone is the worst i have ever seen. Even in standby mode (no net, no music, no wifi on, no glance screen), the battery drain is 5 to 6% per hour. It needs atleast a 40% battery if u want your phone to stay with you overnight that also without use. and sometimes drains more than 50% an hour. Once you reboot the device, your 10% battery is gone. That not all, the heating is the another major problem. The phone will become hot even if you are using 3G/H+.

Not at all worth buying.:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Looks like a defective piece to me. I had a 920 and it easily ran 1-1.5 days. Also when I first purchased 920 i had the battery problem. I got it exchanged from Flip Kart and they did it. After that no problem :)

I loved it so mch that I migrated to a 1520 :)

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a lumia 925 and no problems with the battery. Try going to settings>applications>background tasks.
There you can see every app which is open, maybe you don't want to have an app that you open sometimes. You can choose also, if the next time you open the app it keeps in background or not.
Hope it helps you

Yes it will solve the issue. It does mine always.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this phone been giving me all kind of problems since day 1 and after 3 replacements:battery drains, random restarts, I did a factory reset couple of days ago after the black update, currently I have Bing weather, whats app and wp central only running in the background, and the phone restarts randomly without me touching it, or when I do basic things like opening my inbox.
people are saying oh we don't have this problem blah blah, but this doesn?t really help, the real problem here is that there seems to be a large amount of users having all kind of problems with this device, and this tells you how ****ty Nokia?s Quality Control is.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah this phone been giving me all kind of problems since day 1 and after 3 replacements:battery drains, random restarts, I did a factory reset couple of days ago after the black update, currently I have Bing weather, whats app and wp central only running in the background, and the phone restarts randomly without me touching it, or when I do basic things like opening my inbox.
people are saying oh we don't have this problem blah blah, but this doesn’t really help, the real problem here is that there seems to be a large amount of users having all kind of problems with this device, and this tells you how ****ty Nokia’s Quality Control is.

I agree with your comment about Nokia QC. Better is always better. However your issues only point out to serious device problem. I started a crusade against Nokia on twitter and they did respond very postively. They even sent a rep to my home , who took the phone for repairing etc. They even replace if they find it defective

But usually these problems are device related. understand hardware's fail. Try getting it replaced again or just contact nokia care if u havent already

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Well my friends this is a major problem for our L925's and totally true...I have the phone for about a month and the battery lasts around 11 hours a day with ''moderate ''usage which is based on the following: glance screen off,location off, all background apps except viber and weather off, touch sensitivity normal, theme is dark, wifi/celllular on all day!
Usage: 1:20 hours of talktime (tops), 20 -30 messages per hour through fb Chat (have to keep in touch with my girlfriend ) on the integrated Messenger and about an hour of Web browsing! Actually this is light usage in my opinion but i call it moderate now because I want to be as kind as possible to my beloved Lumia...
It's not the apps, it's poor battery management from the OS...My previous phone, an htc one s, could get 3 hours of usage more than my L925 with the same settings and with a dual core 1.7 ghz cpu and a battery of 1600 mah! It was also a lot faster! A LOT! I think that the only thing that our phone lacks is battery power and that's not only my opinion but almost anyone's who have used another flagship phone except Windows phones (like iPhones and android devices).
I don't understand how some people can get a day (which is 24 hours not from morning to bed,just wanted to clarify that) out of that battery... You must either don't use your phone
I have also run the wp bench app and on the battery test my phone lasted 3 hours and 11 minutes before turning off...And guess what, that was one of the Top scores for the lumia 925! Most people dont even get to 3 hours!
Last night i went to watch a football game (90 minutes) and in the begining of the match I had 49%...Guess what happened after 20 minutes of usage (showing off the phone to my friends to be precise)...Yeap! You guessed it! BATERRY DIED LIKE IT WAS ON 10 %!
This is not a flagship and shouldn't be sold at this High price, I won't pay again so much Money just to have something beautiful!
And YES I do close the apps i use after i stop using them...
I have spoken with a Nokia guy and he told me that this battery life is normal...
Well this is not normal and it's one of the reasons I'm selling this phone to get something else if the wp8.1 update doesn't fix the battery life!
I love my 925 but it just dies on me when I need it...Which sucks!

Chris

s_lek

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I did a test with mine I left it on and never charged it and it seems to have lasted a day and several hours. I have no idea what people are going through and that was just in the get started screen since I am waiting on my sim card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb