Two T-Mobile Lumia 925's No MMS

• Thread starter Deleted member 199301
  • Start date

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Why has Microsoft not fixed this yet? The OS should just disable WiFi calling for a few seconds when you open an MMS, then turn it back on again. How hard can that be?

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Why has Microsoft not fixed this yet? The OS should just disable WiFi calling for a few seconds when you open an MMS, then turn it back on again. How hard can that be?

Because this should be on the carrier to implement the fix. MS can't be held responsible for all carriers that have wi-fi calling on their phones.

s_lek

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Well there are phones on t mobile that this does not happen with. It seems to be an issue with the 925. I suppose it has been fixed by now? just wondering. I was setting up my brothers new android phone, on t mobile, and I turned on wifi calling, and he still received text messages from people.

This is something "Microsoft" has to fix, along with Tmobile, both have to work together. I sworn there was an update to fix wifi calling coming, but if not yet might as well leave it off. It is a bummer, because there are places in my house where my phone acts up and everyone's does not. But outside i have full LTE coverage, the area is full LTE tmobile, makes no sense.

Yeah, t mobile is responsible for this fix, and at the same time, Microsoft should work with them to solve the problem. Fixed*^

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Well there are phones on t mobile that this does not happen with. It seems to be an issue with the 925. I suppose it has been fixed by now? just wondering. I was setting up my brothers new android phone, on t mobile, and I turned on wifi calling, and he still received text messages from people.

This is something "Microsoft" has to fix, along with Tmobile, both have to work together. I sworn there was an update to fix wifi calling coming, but if not yet might as well leave it off. It is a bummer, because there are places in my house where my phone acts up and everyone's does not. But outside i have full LTE coverage, the area is full LTE tmobile, makes no sense.

Yeah, t mobile is responsible for this fix, and at the same time, Microsoft should work with them to solve the problem. Fixed*^

Which Android phone? T-Mobile now allows MMS, etc. to work on their with Wi-Fi calling turned on with certain phones. This literally just happened this week.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Just for clarification, SMS uses voice frequency and service, MMS uses data. One should be able to MMS on wifi, obviously.

I know that there are issues with Nokia 925's on Developer Preview 8.1 and the inability to send or receive simple SMS. Works fine on the original 8.0.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My wifi calling app is not working can't tell. 925

Of course you can. Your phone icon on the start screen will change from TMO or MetroPCS to "Wifi Calling" when it is on. I presume you know that you can turn it off or select options by doing a sideswipe on the app screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss