Two T-Mobile Lumia 925's No MMS

• Thread starter Deleted member 199301
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 199301

How do I completely nuke Wifi Calling? It's insane to me that both my parents 925 are having MMS issues in 2014. I CAN send MMS on HSPA/LTE. Having them toggle Wifi on/off to send MMS isn't really impressing them. My thanks for any help. Both were just updated to Black.

Last edited by a moderator:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure you can uninstall Wi-Fi calling. You might have to just continue to turn it on and off. I'm interested in how my 925 will behave in that regard once it gets here. :-/

D

Deleted member 199301

I'm not sure you can uninstall Wi-Fi calling. You might have to just continue to turn it on and off. I'm interested in how my 925 will behave in that regard once it gets here. :-/

Yeah. I picked up two for my parents during the New Egg sales. Everything is fine, save for the Call Block, and I fixed that, but the MMS is driving my Mom insane. Even when you uninstall the app itself, it's still there. I need a way to completely disable the function then.

All she wants is to take a picture and send it to her friends no matter where or what network she is on. This shouldn't be difficult.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I picked up two for my parents during the New Egg sales. Everything is fine, save for the Call Block, and I fixed that, but the MMS is driving my Mom insane. Even when you uninstall the app itself, it's still there. I need a way to completely disable the function then.

All she wants is to take a picture and send it to her friends no matter where or what network she is on. This shouldn't be difficult.

Hmm... That sounds worrisome. I'm going to give this a try when I get my 925. Should arrive sometime today according to the tracking info. I'll take a picture and try sending it to a friend and report my results in this thread. Hopefully, if it doesn't work, I can find a solution and post it here.

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue with my 925 after the Black update. MMS fails with WiFi on. Works when it's disabled.

To disable WiFi calling. Open the app from the apps list and disable it there. I even select Cellular Preferred to make sure it doesn't activate while in WiFi areas with Cellular service.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Before you uninstall the App, you need to turn off Wi-Fi calling. What you would need to do is turn it to Use Cellular Only and then uninstall it. If you just uninstall it, for some reason, it just stays turned on... It's really strange...

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Your photos will not go over the wifi. I believe that is on T-Mobile. You have three choices under wifi calling, wifi preffered, celluar preferred, and wifi only. I have never tried the celluar preferred setting. When the wifi calling tile connects it turns green and the cell strength bars meter then reflects the wifi signal. If I want to check my cell signal I turn off the wifi calling

I feel it is worth it in spite of the little annoyances because you basically have a land line at home. I live on a farm in a real fringe area and if it wasn't for wifi calling I would need Verizon for just adequate coverage. I would not pay that much. If I want better coverage at home, say the couple of acres around the house and barn or in the metal covered barn. All I need to do is add an outside antenna to my router or an AC extender inside the barn. Take that Verizon and AT&T.

s_lek

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
let me turn my wifi calling off do not need it at the moment anyway.... I noticed I had a problem with something was not sure this was it as I am new to smart phones anyway, this is my third phone in my life and my second smart phone.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I turned off my Wi-Fi calling and sent my friend a pic. She got it without issue. So, that's all there is to it, turn it off. To be safe, check "Cellular preferred" and then turn it off before sending MMS.

Actually, I should clarify what I did. First I turned off my Wi-Fi and turned on cellular data. Then I did the above and sent the pic to my friend. Because like calfee20 said, picture messages won't go through when you send them with Wi-Fi enabled.

s_lek

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
everyone is having the same issue so I guess it is only nokia and or t mobile that can fix it, and it was most likely the black update that did it, so they should patch it since it is annoying. I am going to try something else at the moment see if it helps my situation.

s_lek

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I may have fixed the problem I was having with facebook chat. I went to settings and to the live,facebook, nokia account, etc pages. logged into my live accounts again and changed the names of both of them (email accounts) and I also changed the name of my microsoft account, I also logged into facebook again. I disconnected my router before this though... and turned of wifi then wifi calling and left it on cellular data. I

I then decided to restart my phone then I turned on my router, then turned wifi back on, and went to messaging settings and turned all the messeging settings off. After which I attempted to set my chat status again and finally I was able to log in. I have not attempted to send a message to anyone yet through switching to facebook text option though. If anyone was having a problem with chatting and such they should attempt it after this, including if it was facebook log in.

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
For anyone else just finding this thread, this absolutely worked. I just got the 925 this past weekend and the few MMS's that were sent to me wouldn't download. As soon as I turned off wi-fi calling the picture my wife was trying to send me this morning came through no problem. Might be worth it to keep off wi-fi calling just from this problem.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Just curious if you all realized that T-mobiles description of wifi calling specifically states that MMS will not function over it.

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I will confirm this as well.

@ratsttam - Yes but if you have cell service while on WiFi calling, it should still be smart enough to use the cell service for MMS, no?

Also, if you do a hard reset, it will turn WiFi calling back on with WiFi as the preferred.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that if I have a strong 4g signal when I get home my WiFi calling will not switch on. I have rooms in the house that have poor cell reception and when I go into one of these the WiFi calling kicks in. Once the Wifi calling is on it will not disconnect until I get out of range of my router.

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I cant remember where I found the answer, but basically this is working as intended.

I work offshore on a drilling rig and learned this when I very first got my 925. I got it specifically becuase it has wifi calling and allows me to use my cellphone on the rig internet while I am offshore. You can't send/receive MMS or VVM while on WiFi.

I do agree that the tech should be smart enough to turn itself on/off as needed. But lets be honest, this is Tmobile where talking about here.

My solution was to pin a wifi settings tile to my homescreen and switch on/off as needed when I am on land.

Krisicat

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe it is just related to T-Mobile. I have AT&T on my Lumina 925. WiFi has always been off and still is. First I wasn't able to receive photos, then I wasn't able to send them. Today, I can't even send or receive messages :( I have been on the PC for 2 hours trying to find the reason and cannot. I tried chat with AT&T but unfortunately got hooked up with a person who needed English comprehension lessons. Today I encountered another problem. I cannot delete an appointment. Some are in purple and some in amber. Can't delete the ones in amber--no pencil icon shows up with those. I think it may be a Windows 8 problem and a patch they may have installed. I am turning off the auto update now. I love the phone except for where the volume switch is located. I am happy that you got yours to work. Thanks for sharing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo