Newegg T-Mobile 925 source

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a new 925 on the way from the Newegg deal for $249.

The price is back to $279 but the page did and still lists Newegg as the seller, however UPS shows it coming from: SIMPLY WIRELESS
WOODBRIDGE, VA, US (you may need a free account with UPS to see the shipper info).

A company with that name and that location has incredibly bad on-line reviews although most are complaints related to cell phone contracts and would not be relative to these phones.

I know others have posted they ordered these from Newegg and have received theirs. Did yours come from Simply Wireless or somewhere else?

My concern is since the company may be shady (based on the reviews) that these might not be actually new phones. So did you see any hint of them being refurbished?

I don't want to spread any doubts but since I came to have them based on research, I'm sure others have too so this will be good to clear those doubts if unfounded as it would be to raise them if not.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I've ordered a couple of phones from NewEgg. They came from a 3rd party, but I can't remember the name of the 3rd party. Their calling card came with the phone. If you have a problem, NewEgg customer service is pretty good at resolving issues.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I've ordered a couple of phones from NewEgg. They came from a 3rd party, but I can't remember the name of the 3rd party. Their calling card came with the phone. If you have a problem, NewEgg customer service is pretty good at resolving issues.
Yeah, Newegg is a good company.

But Newegg is a marketplace like Amazon or Rakutten (Buy) and lists who the seller is. My screencap shows the seller to be Newegg, NOT Simply Cellular.

I've spent tens of thousands at Newegg and am familiar with their customer service but want to know where the phones came from and if they check out as new. Remember Newegg sold many bogus Intel CPUs (defective units, remarked by a disreputable supplier) several years ago. The fact that Newegg made good with the customers who asked doesn't mean its not a good idea to know ahead of time or as soon as possible.

I am taking up the misleading seller information with Newegg. May be just a mistake but it needs addressing.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Excellent! I got my 925 from Newegg for $249.99. It was listed as $279.99, but there was a special promo code that gave me $30 off. These deals are just incredible. Seems that everyone is snatching up these 925s now.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Something else I should have mentioned about phones from NewEgg, you don't always know what country they are from. I bought a Samsung Galaxy 2 from NewEgg and it was an unbranded, unlocked phone from Greece. I also bought my HTC 7 Trophy from NewEgg and it was an unbranded, unlocked phone from Germany. Many times when you do updates to the phone it will revert back to the country code that is flashed into it, and the phone will switch back to that language. It also can effect applications from time to time. No matter what I tried, the YouTube application on my Samsung Galaxy always gave me the Greek YouTube link and application. :grin:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I don't need confirmation of where the phones come from.

I chatted with a Newegg Rep who initially stated the phones ship from THEIR (Newegg's) warehouse. But when confronted with the UPS from address, admitted they really did come directly from Simply Wireless (a retail business with dubious reputation).

Considering the source, I am still interested in hearing from people who already received theirs if there is anything that would hint at them being used or refurbished.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Something else I should have mentioned about phones from NewEgg, you don't always know what country they are from. I bought a Samsung Galaxy 2 from NewEgg and it was an unbranded, unlocked phone from Greece. I also bought my HTC 7 Trophy from NewEgg and it was an unbranded, unlocked phone from Germany.
Thanks.

These are listed as NEW T-Mobile phones. I'm a little suspicious about them being used/refurbished but I don't know what countries T-Mobile sells phones in. Are there non-English speaking countries where T-Mobile sells phones?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Excellent! I got my 925 from Newegg for $249.99. It was listed as $279.99, but there was a special promo code that gave me $30 off. These deals are just incredible. Seems that everyone is snatching up these 925s now.

ShopHQ has the 925 on and off for $229.99 which is an even better deal!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks.

These are listed as NEW T-Mobile phones. I'm a little suspicious about them being used/refurbished but I don't know what countries T-Mobile sells phones in. Are there non-English speaking countries where T-Mobile sells phones?

If it says T-Mobile it's probably T-Mobile USA. T-Mobile main office is in Germany. As long as it's through NewEgg, I think you'll be fine. They'll resolve any issues if it shows up used or refurbished.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If it says T-Mobile it's probably T-Mobile USA. T-Mobile main office is in Germany. As long as it's through NewEgg, I think you'll be fine. They'll resolve any issues if it shows up used or refurbished.
I have no doubt Newegg will resolve any issues. But resolving them is not how I like to spend my time.

It's like hiring a baby sitter. Mary Poppins and Jack the Ripper interview. I choose Mary but when I get home find out she subcontracted Jack to do the sitting. Getting my money back from Mary wouldn't make me a happy customer. ;)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have no doubt Newegg will resolve any issues. But resolving them is not how I like to spend my time.

It's like hiring a baby sitter. Mary Poppins and Jack the Ripper interview. I choose Mary but when I get home find out she subcontracted Jack to do the sitting. Getting my money back from Mary wouldn't make me a happy customer. ;)

Let us know what happens.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It comes back on and off...

Really? That's weird. I originally tried to buy it from them and when I did, it came up as "out of stock." I checked again last night for my friend and again, it was out of stock. I figured it was out of stock all this time. Thanks for the tip!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Really? That's weird. I originally tried to buy it from them and when I did, it came up as "out of stock." I checked again last night for my friend and again, it was out of stock. I figured it was out of stock all this time. Thanks for the tip!

I checked on Friday and it was there, and I checked originally when WPC anounced it.

Wacky_Packy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
QVC still has the Lumia 925 for $250. The price includes some accessories as well.

http://www.qvc.com/T-Mobile-Nokia-Lumia-925-Windows-8-Smartphone-with-Accessories-Search-Results.product.E225876.html?sc=E225876-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-E225876&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/e/76/e225876.001?$uslarge$

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Let us know what happens.
Okay, I have the phone. No signs of it being anything but new in a sealed box. Manufacture date of July 2013.

There are some small brown stains on the white back and the bottom of the glass has a notch in it. I'm hoping the notch is for a microphone behind there and not a chip. On the 521 there is a similar size notch on the opposite side of center and in the surround rather than the glass.

Here is a pic of the notch (sorry 521 does not take stable, clear closeups in bad light. LoL). I would appreciate it if someone can confirm the notch is supposed to be there and not a piece of the glass broken off:

Here is a terrible picture of the spots. The picture makes them look like smudges of some sort but they are obviously splatters of some brown liquid and much more pronounced and with sharp edges in the flesh. My 10 month old 521 white back is still pristine and never cleaned so I don't even know what's good for cleaning this material. I don't use cases so need to get these off since they are out in the open.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That nick on the lower left portion of the screen on the 925 is normal. Not sure it's the microphone, though. As for the smudges, that's really odd. When I got my 925 last week, it was completely clean and in perfect condition.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I have the phone. No signs of it being anything but new in a sealed box. Manufacture date of July 2013.

There are some small brown stains on the white back and the bottom of the glass has a notch in it. I'm hoping the notch is for a microphone behind there and not a chip. On the 521 there is a similar size notch on the opposite side of center and in the surround rather than the glass.

Here is a pic of the notch (sorry 521 does not take stable, clear closeups in bad light. LoL). I would appreciate it if someone can confirm the notch is supposed to be there and not a piece of the glass broken off:

Here is a terrible picture of the spots. The picture makes them look like smudges of some sort but they are obviously splatters of some brown liquid and much more pronounced and with sharp edges in the flesh. My 10 month old 521 white back is still pristine and never cleaned so I don't even know what's good for cleaning this material. I don't use cases so need to get these off since they are out in the open.

Sounds like every worked out. The notch looks normal. The brown spots, try an alcohol pad.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh my gosh... Wouldn't believe what happened to me earlier tonight. I was in the middle of a call with a friend and had my phone down on the dishwasher on speakerphone. I was beginning to feed my cat and my grandmother's dog when my cat jumped up there. I shooed him away and along with him, my week old 925 fell face down on the floor! I picked it up, fearful of seeing a cracked screen or at least a scratch, but it was flawless. Whew! I told my friend what happened and asked if she could still hear me and she replied, "Perfectly." That was a scare! It was the first time I've ever dropped a smartphone flat on its screen, and without a bumper type case at that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad